Remington 587 .22 - Field & Stream or Dicks Sporting | Carolina Shooters Club

Remington 587 .22 - Field & Stream or Dicks Sporting

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Group Buys' started by xRHINOx, Dec 22, 2015.

1. xRHINOx

xRHINOx Registered Member

They have the Remington 597 on sale for $149.00 with the cheap little scope they have on them These normally run $220.00

Great little .22 rifle.

2. majicmike

majicmike AKA Studly Hungwell Club Subscribed

Keith,how long does the sale last?

3. xRHINOx

Remington Model 597 With Scope
    $149.98ยข
    reg. $229.99
    Valid December 20, 2015 - December 26, 2015
    SALE $80 OFF

4. Hub

Hub Guest

Does anybody own one of these? I'm curious about their experiences. I happen to have a $50 gift card for F&S so picking up one would be nice and cheap but the reviews I read seem to be hit or miss on quality and feeding issues.

5. Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

The 597 is a good little rifle. Or the 2 I have are good little rifles. They've always ate what I fed them. My conscience wouldn't let me buy it from Dicks though.

6. 613jmm

613jmm U. S. Military Club Subscribed

I had the 22LR model, and have the 22Mag model. I have never had any problems from either one. Some people complain about failures to extract, and upgrade to the VQ extractor, but mine always worked fine. The biggest problem is the lack of aftermarket support. But then again, that is only comparing it to the swarms of aftermarket parts available for the 10/22. Aside from a better trigger, I don't feel the need to upgrade anything on the 597.

Basically, as long as you clean the preservative out of a new gun, and don't tighten the rail capture screws too much, you should have a good running rifle. Oh, and the recoil springs are a pain to get back in. Aside from that, I have been happy with the ones I bought.

7. xRHINOx

I have two and they run great. Accuracy is really good also. Earlier models had issues with the plastic mags.