Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I know tactical was just a catchy name but this is the target model with the black hogue stock and bipod model 10/22VLEH. I was looking for one months ago and finally found one and had sticker shock at $550. I waited a week and when I decided to go get it the thing was sold. I just finished building up my most recent 10/22 with all KIDD parts and am looking for another one to play around with. I was thinking about going on the hunt for another 10/22 target tactical. The hammer forged barrel just looks neat. I had looked at the Savages with the heavy barrel and was going to buy one today but that cheap stock made me hold off and think about it some more.

So does anyone on here have a target tactical? Was it worth the money?

·
Registered
777 Posts
I like mine. I paid nowhere near $550 though. Special ordered it too. I like that its so short. Makes it more mobile for squirrel hunting.

Rifle will still group well at 100y

·
Registered
777 Posts
I think all the "target" models have the twisted hammer-forged barrel. The tactical is just 16" long versus 20"

I got mine in Goldsboro. I'll PM you the shops name

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After thinking about this I decided I would rather have the 20" barrel over the 16". I already have an extra hogue stock and a bipod so that will cover the other differences.

Anybody seen the wood laminate target model with the black barrel anywhere?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.