Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was playing with a Ruger MkIII 22/45 this weekend and noticed an odd thing. The slide/bolt stop did not disengage when retracting the bolt with the magazine out. Upon further inspection, I found the bolt stop did not have any spring tension on it so when the magazine is out and the bolt disengaged there was nothing to cause it to drop away, which would be the same case chambering a round. I don't remember from my previous experience with Mk I, II's etc. Is this normal or was this one missing a spring? I've grown accustomed to slide/bolt manipulation instead of using slide stops.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
I believe that the MkIII 22/45 used a detent ball & spring to keep positive control on the slide stop lever. Sounds like someone may have done a slingshot modification on the pistol and removed the part(s)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.