Carolina Shooters Forum banner

Ruger Mini 14 GB Blued Series 184

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  ERE99 
#1 · (Edited)
Ive got this ruger mini 14 im considering selling but i cant find a true value on it anywhere. It is a true gb model it has the bayonet lug and flash hider and according to ruger it was a west va dept of corrections rifle. Any help on a value would be greatly appreciated. Also ths one was made in 1985. The condition is at least 95% or better.

#4 ·
In theory, it should be worth $800 to $1000 depending on exact condition & extras. Finding a buyer is the problem due to the numerous AR style rifles on the market. Best bet might be Gunbroker or Auction Arms starting @ a penny with a reasonable reserve. Be sure to let the folks on Rugerforum.com know about it.

#7 ·
I've seen people ask all kinds of high prices for GB models, but I've rarely seen them bring more than around $600 if they are in a fixed stock and usually I've seen them sell for less than that. As previously stated, I think the abundance of good ARs for $800 and less has really eaten into the demand for GBs from shooters and there aren't that many collectors of Mini-14s out there. GB folders will tickle $1000 in a money-changing-hands deal. Most I've seen a GB folder bring was about $1200, but it was new in box with paperwork.

#10 ·
I just listed a beat-up 182 model for $520 on armslist. I wasn't sure how to price it either. I got a $400 offer; I countered with $475; guy said he'd take it for $475! That's way more than I have in it anyway. Just making room in the safe for other things.

#12 ·
Realistically, I'd say between $600-750, at best. I've got one myself, and don't think I could ever part with it. However, there are a few distributors on gunbroker that will list ex-PD GB models from time to time, and that has brought the price down, IMHO. IIRC, when I purchased mine, I paid less than $400 from a police distributor.

#14 ·
Realistically, I'd say between $600-750, at best. I've got one myself, and don't think I could ever part with it. However, there are a few distributors on gunbroker that will list ex-PD GB models from time to time, and that has brought the price down, IMHO. IIRC, when I purchased mine, I paid less than $400 from a police distributor.
Yeah - I remember racks of them at Lawmen's that were police trade-ins some years back.

#15 ·
I bought my 181 GB in '79....with 400rds ball ammo, 5&20rd mags and bayonet....for $150 LOL.. I've still got it.

I've seen them 500-950, but have never seen one sell at any price e.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.