Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I shot my buddies Mk II the other day and fell in love. The only thing I can find in town are Mk III's. I would also like to entertain the idea of a Buckmark. If $ were equal, which would you prefer. Thanks.

·
Les Deplorables
12,558 Posts
Hi all. I shot my buddies Mk II the other day and fell in love. The only thing I can find in town are Mk III's. I would also like to entertain the idea of a Buckmark. If $ were equal, which would you prefer. Thanks.
For the same $? Buck Mark.

Go to a shop that has both, and tell me the MK III feels better in your hand than a Buck Mark with URX grips.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Another Buckmark fan. Especially if you pick up a Buckmark Hunter, with the 7.25" barrel and the rosewood grips :) Although sometimes I think I hear the sweet siren song of a Tacsol barrel upgrade ;)

Had the Truglo on...took it off and put the Bushnell TRS-25 on...I like it. Like Thumper says below: get the one that feels right. This felt right :)

Attachments

·
Dead and Remembering
4,243 Posts
MKIII

After market support is awesome.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have a Mark III and while I love shooting it, I hate cleaning it (passionately). Something to take into consideration, particularly if you are OCD about keeping your pistols spotlessly clean.

·
Premium Member
4,984 Posts
equal money?
Buckmark, 'cause it's easier to disassemble (AND reassemble).
I'm not sure I agree with that. Ruger's aren't difficult at all once you figure out how. I can field strip a Ruger bare handed, but not a Buckmark. But, there are things I like about the Buckmark too. They're just different. Can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you ever want to change the barrel, such as for a TacSol, the Ruger barrel is a registered part and must be transfered through an FFL. The Buckmark is like most guns - you can buy a barrel anywhere and have it shipped direct to your house.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was making the same decision a few months ago. I would purchase which ever one feels best in your hand. They'll both be great shooters. I ended up with a Ruger Mark III 22/45 Lite. I couldn't be happier. Don't let the dissasembly/reassembly of the Ruger scare you off. There's nothing too it once you do it once or twice and it doesn't require tools like the Buckmark. Lots of aftermarket for both, but more for the Ruger by far. Trigger felt better to me on the Buckmark, but I ended up installing a Volquartsen trigger in my Ruger.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I LOVE our MKIII with a the threaded barrel. Super accurate, grip is like a 1911...honestly its not hard to take down & after reassembling once or twice, you can do it in 2 minutes. It's not hard once you do it a few times. The only thing I didn't like is the sights are all black, so we painted our front sight white. Other than that, no complaints. And you can get all kinds of variants that take aftermarket sights, scopes, red dots, suppressors, etc.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Its a tough choice, Ive owned two Rugers MK2 and now a 3.
I like the Browning too.
I think the more important question is?
If I wanted a good quality 22 cal target quality pistol that wont break the the bank account and will last FOREVER, which one would you buy?
There only two choices I know of, and you already know what they are.
Hope this helps, LOL

G

·
Me personally, I would hold out and get a MkII. I like the Buckmark, but the MkII is still my favorite....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.