Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an 80 or 81 model Security Six. With box, papers, and original grips. 2 3/4" barrel, blued. Very slight ring on the cylinder and a small handling mark on the blackstrap between the grip panels. Other than that its in very good condition. When I took ownership of it, it had never been fired. Since its been shot around a hundred times. Had I known what I had I would not have shot it. Any ideas to its value?

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
I have 2 in stainless, and a stainless Service Six...all acquired in the last 4 years and in excellent condition...didn't pay over $375 for any of them, and none of them are ex-police issue.
I missed a deal 2 years ago on a matched NIB pair in stainless at Cherry's. I won't pay over $400 even if they are NIB because they won't stay that way in my hands.
I'm picky too, I don't even look at the blued one's, but that's just me. Some prefer blued.
I'll guess at $350 for a quick sell.

·
Banned
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I gave $100 for mine in 98 got it from a lady whose husband had owned it before he died. I don't own many revolvers and all except this one are stainless. Been up in the air about parting w it to finish my 7.62x39 AR. Thanks for the input

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
Then you got a fantastic deal! I'll give you double that (even though it's blue) but I'd think more of you if you hung onto it and passed it down to your children as an heirloom! :)

·
Banned
5,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I had kids I'd ponder the idea. My dad has a crapload of stainless .22 pistols that will be heirlooms if I have kids ever. I've had it since I got out of high school and have never thought about selling it. But the at collection that I've started to build is driving me nuts lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.