Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have shot it probably about 200 times. Yesterday, I was shooting it at the range and got 3 light strikes on Federal value ammo pk from ChinaMart. I switched to some very old reloads and got another light strike.

Has anyone else had problems with light strikes with this handgun or with Fed. value Pack? I was somewhat dismayed as I will be using this as a cc handgun

Is there any difference in a higher priced Fed ammo and the value pack. I shot Fed value pk ammo before yesterday and never had any problems. I was thinking about buying a box of premium Fed ammo and trying it. I have it stoked with H.critical defense and at almost a buck a round, can't afford to do shoot many more rounds of that.

Thoughts or suggestions appreciated. Does anyone have a Remora holster for the SRC. Have one for my LC9 and like it but with a somewhat bigger and heavier gun, am wondering how it would work out.

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
Some SR's have had light strike issues, which are easily corrected with a stronger striker spring. None of mine have had an issue with this, but I think I'll still replace the springs.

·
Disposable apparently
12,243 Posts
Call Ruger, they'll send you an entirely new striker assembly free of charge. 5 minute install.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
You need to pull the striker and clean the striker channel if you havent done that
but no oil Randy
I've found all kinds of crap in the striker channel, Ruger "goop" and unidentifiable particles. I've always put a drop of oil on the spring in the rear where the spring rides on the plastic indicator without any issues.
I also always check the forward end of the striker whenever I have it out.
That poor dude in the video was having a bit of trouble....took him at least 3x more time than it should have but still informative if you've never done it. He also reinstalled the mag safety, which is the first thing to go
in my spare parts drawer (I only keep them in case the gun needs to go back to Ruger).

·
Disposable apparently
12,243 Posts
Mine did what the OP is describing when I first got it. Cleaned the striker channel. Didn't help. Called Ruger and had a new striker in about 4 days. Has run like a top since.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Called Ruger today. When I told him I was using Federal value pack, he was unwilling to do anything until I tried some better quality ammo. If it did it on better quality ammo I should call back and they would make arrangements to have the gun sent back, on their nickle, to evaluate. Don't know whether or not I will do that or order a heavier spring or what. I watched the you tube video and while it looked easy enough, I am not good with things like that.

Thanks for the feed back-It was informative

Jim

·
Registered
811 Posts
I only had trouble with WWB, except a couple of failures with some better ammo. I believe firmly that for the first fix, I will send it to the manufacturer. This way they have a record of what was done, and if problems develop in the future they are aware, and can be more helpful. Just the fact you have to send it back twice makes em a little jumpy, ya know? They really don't want it back again.
I asked but they didn't really tell me what they did, but I never had that 2nd issue. I love it, my EDC.

·
Vendor
6,243 Posts
FYI....
I haven't seen a non-plastic/kydex Glock 19 holster yet that didn't work exceptionally well with the SR9C. I have an MTR and I love it.

Cleaned my striker channel as soon ad I got my compact (even though previous owner kept it pristine) and have had zero issues.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.