S&W Pro Model 41 | Page 2 | Carolina Shooters Club

S&W Pro Model 41

Discussion in 'Rimfire pistol' started by HPFilter, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Edgeman

Edgeman Well-Known Member

I bought one with a 5.5" barrel about 10 years ago...finest .22 pistol I've ever shot! I later purchased a 7" barrel, but have never installed it. I would like to compare shooting it to the 5.5" barrel.

2. slinky

slinky Registered Member

I have a Model 41 I purchased new in 1970. It has a 7 3/8" barrel with muzzle brake. Very accurate, great trigger, all you could ask for. And NO, it's not for sale.

3. HPFilter

HPFilter Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

Nice. I'm waiting for mine to arrive today. :)

4. Winchester

Winchester Original Gangsta

I'd like to see that. How was it done and how does it look. I own three model 41's and they are some of my favorites. I have the engraved anniversary model and one regular and one long barrel. For what it's worth with match Eley or Lapua ammo the two barrels shoot the same imo.

5. Jeremy2171

Jeremy2171 Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

Mine is an '88 model and I LOVE IT!

6. seb1899

seb1899 Registered Member

Ruger, 41 & HD Military.jpg

I shoot my 41 with the long barrel most of the time although i do have the short one. I use standard velocity ammunition although I did install a buffer so I can use HV when I cannot het std (like today:mad:) It has a rail installed but I cannot decide on whether to go Red DOt or LER scope.

I think the HS HD Military is almost as good if you are staying wih iron sights and I always shoot standard velocity in this old gal (60+ years old). It is a great pistol and costs a lot less than a 41 and probably has some collector value. I shoot the heck out of this one (when I have STDV ammo) as I have a 4 1/2" safe queen.

The Ruger shoots anything never jams and is accurate as well and is D & T came with rail and rings and certainly represents great value.

If you do not have a 41 or do not want to tie up $ in a a .22cal there certainly are less cost alternatives that give a lot of satisfaction when you shoot them

PaulPatriot likes this.
  7. PaulPatriot

PaulPatriot Registered Member

Awesome! Congrats. I grew up shooting that very model, a 1980 version of it. They are VERY accurate pistols.

8. PaulPatriot

PaulPatriot Registered Member

I’ve owned the 5” barrel model in the 80’s and it was a great shooter, and now the 7-1/2” model and is VERY smooth, accurate shooter.

I find that with good ammo (CCI) I never have any problems with feeding /ejection/ jamming, the 41 just runs very reliably , even after several hundred rounds and being dirty.