S&W Sigma long trigger pull. | Carolina Shooters Club

S&W Sigma long trigger pull.

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing | Firearm Assembly | Troubleshooting' started by pennywise, Jan 25, 2008.

1. pennywise

pennywise Registered Member

Is there any adjustments for the S&W Sigma in ref: long trigger pull. I had purchased a 9MM Sigma for my wife as a carry gun, but this thing is exagerated long. You would think after the first round the pull would shorten , but no luck. Thanks in advance JL

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I think that thing comes with a 10# pull from the factory and isnt adjustable.

If it can be done contact Dan Burwell and he will know

www.burwellgunsmithing.com

But I think you are out of luck from what I have read.

I have M&P 40 came with 6.5# pull and can be brought down to any weight you want.

But if you are carrying it daily and no thumb safety, I personally do not like to go below 5# of pull.

Offffffff course..........my 1911s Cocked and Locked are tuned better than that.

3. rob

rob Registered Member

From what I have read, you can definitely reduced to trigger pull weight, but I don't think you can do anything about the length. Search around at the S&W forums and www.thehighroad.org

Again, take it with a grain of salt, as its just what I have read. I really like the newest sw9ve, they are inexpensive and feel great in the hand. If I could find a second hand one sometime I'd give it a go.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I did the trigger mod mentioned on my Sigma 9VE. It did lighten the pull somewhat. Due to some light strikes, paranoia over reliability horror stories, I changed it back to stock and polished up all contact points. Polishing does help to a degree. I haven't found a reliable trigger job on the Sigma. By concentrating on the fundamentals and lots of dry-fire practice, I've gotten to the point that I can shoot it with pretty good results.

IMHO you go mucking with that trigger your are asking for light strikes and other problems. However that gun collects good dust bunnys in the safe.

5. rob

rob Registered Member

OK, glad someone could share some direct experience, like I said, my info is iffy at best.

Wanna sell that sigma cheap???? :twisted:

6. pennywise

pennywise Registered Member

Thanks Guys for the info, my wife said she will just have to practice more and overcome the pull .. tha Dan Burwell mentioned is he former military? If it is the same one I know he should be retired by now....any way thanks Guys......

7. rob

rob Registered Member

TRguy, if you do want to let loose that SW9, shoot me a PM!

8. teamtiger

teamtiger Registered Member

gander mtn has a good deal on the sigmas right now. i think its 289 with 2 extra mags. just a note for ya'll looking