Salisbury Gun & Knife Show (Sept 9-10) | Carolina Shooters Club

Salisbury Gun & Knife Show (Sept 9-10)

Discussion in 'NC Meet Ups, Events, and NC Gun Shows' started by Brandon28147, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Brandon28147

Brandon28147 Registered Member

300 table show at the West End Plaza Event Center (Old Salisbury Mall). The address is 1935 Jake Alexander Blvd West. Admission is $7 and parking is free. A real gun & knife show without the flea market atmosphere. Considered by many as the best little gun show in North Carolina.

2. cubrock

cubrock Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I like this show. The NC Gun Collector's Association is setting up in conjunction with this this show, which will mean a good variety of collectible military and commercial guns, ammo, etc in addition to modern gun dealers. It is a comfortable venue, as well.

I'll be there with the kiddos.

3. edwardyoung

edwardyoung Active Member

I'll be there, as always

4. Larry Clodfelter

Larry Clodfelter Registered Member

I'll be there both days.

5. MikeHRL

MikeHRL Member

How was this show, anyone have any feedback?

6. Jeppo

Jeppo Member

Wife and I drove down from the Triad and enjoyed wandering around. I managed to get out having spent only $6 (gun rug) but enjoyed seeing quite a few proof quality handguns. Also noticed that pistol prices seemed high since Backwoods didn't participate. ;)

7. cubrock

I didn't look at the prices on newer stuff. I picked up quite a few things at very good prices. There were a couple tables of guys downsizing/retiring from shooting, which are my favorite kind of table. You can't always count on that kind of table at a show, but when you find them, you find some deals.

The aforementioned dealer with an estate of reloading supplies and ammo had some good prices on hard to find ammo and dies. Got some .218 Bee brass for about 1/4 of the going rate there. He also had some A-Square .500 Nitro ammo for $50 per 10 round box. Believe it or not, that was a real steal on that ammo.

There were some really high quality collector guns that weren't bargains, but were fairly priced for high condition, hard to find guns. There were some milsurp tables with highish prices, but the dealers were willing to haggle and some people got some good deals there. One of them had military surplus 6.5X55 ammo for $8 a box. Wish I'd found him when he had all of it, as I would have bought him out. As it was, I did buy him out, but only after he sold a bunch of it. Amazing to me that the others who bought from him bought one box at a time at that price. Anymore, that is a stocking up price, but I guess a lot of people are happy with 20 rounds of ammo for a rifle. He also had a big case of surplus .303 British ammo, which he sold out of by the end of the day on Saturday.

I also picked up a really cool Italian clone Winchester 1866 for a song. Someone aged it for CAS, so it looks a lot older than it is, but the bore and mechanics are still as new. If it weren't for the rain that has already started here, I'd take it out today to see how it shoots.

Anywho....it was a great show for me, though hard on the pocketbook.

Brandon28147 likes this.
  8. edwardyoung

image.jpeg image.jpeg I went looking for a $1K-ish 1911, but ended up with a 19-2 and (of all things) a Taurus 1911. And still had $100 in my pocket. Good show in general.

Jeppo and Brandon28147 like this.
  9. cubrock

Where did you find that 19-2? I like it!

10. edwardyoung

Pawn shop guy over near Brandon's tables. That's the only 357 revolver that was on my list. Perfect proportions, to my eye

11. cubrock

Nice score. I didn't even look at his table. My loss, but I'm happy for your gain!

12. edwardyoung

Thanks. I've got about $530 in it. Doesn't seem too bad, but I don't know the market. I was looking for a TRP. Didn't think about running across one of these. Born in 1966

13. MikeHRL

MikeHRL Member

14. cubrock

If you ever decide you are tired of it, let me know. :)