Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulsar Digex C50 elevation issues. Any opinions appreciated.

Currently using a 20MOA base with low rings. Scope is running out of downward adjustment in sighting it in at 100 yds. I’m dialing it bottomed out to 100 In settings, and still 3-4” low. Should I get new rings and start over or am I missing something internally in the scope?

Note: I used the same setup in the standard Pulsar Digex with no issues. And have no clearance left between the heavy barrel and scope objective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
89 Posts
That base is intended for long range shooting, not 100 yards. Long range would be over 600 yards, which is technically mid range. Higher or lower rings don't change anything. Think about it; they are parallel to the base. You should be able to get a 200 yard zero. If you only intend to shoot 600 yards or less, you shoud ditch the 20 degree base. It's specialty item.

· Registered
2,405 Posts
Try the med rings 1st and make sure the scope bell is not making contact with the base or barrel.
Also like what's already been said, unless shooting past 600yds ditch the 20moa rail.
Ring height will change where the bullet crosses the sight plane as does the 20moa base..

· Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try the med rings 1st and make sure the scope bell is not making contact with the base or barrel.
Also like what's already been said, unless shooting past 600yds ditch the 20moa rail.
Ring height will change where the bullet crosses the sight plane as does the 20moa base..

That definitely makes sense, I’m going to go that route next and see what happens. I use the 20MOA base on most of my hunting rifles; so I was using it since it was attached, I’ll ditch it and see what happens. These digital scopes don’t seem to be as easy as a standard scope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts