Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
10,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First thread in the Reloading Forum!

Waste lead is a nasty and dangerous thing to leave laying around your house. Can cause all kinds of health problems for you, your families, and pets. Send it to me and I'll be sure to "dispose" of it properly.

Just trying to help the uninformed public.

·
Same as it ever was... same as it ever was...
1,704 Posts
Or you could take it to recycle and make a few bucks. Just a thought.

·
Banned
10,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But...that would do nothing to help my overly gratuitous pitch for free casting lead!

Heresy! Do NOT take perfectly good boolit casting lead to the recycler!!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have 50-75 one pound ingots or pure lead I would let go for $1.25 each if you meet in the Fayetteville, southern Pines area. I also have a RCBS Pro melt furnace like (http://www.amazon.com/RCBS-Pro-melt...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000MLAWAA ) that I will let go for $275 and it's full of lead as well. ( about 20 pounds)

Have to get it by Thursday or it all goes to Colorado. Loading the truck Thursday and Friday.

·
Vendor
1,317 Posts
I can trade lead for 357 brass.

·
Vendor
1,317 Posts
I have w/w's and clean w/w muffins. I guess shipping through the p/o is our only option. How much and how many firings?

·
Banned
10,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
154 pc of 357 + 91 pc of 38sp. AFAIK, it's mostly once-fired, but who knows?

If we're not close enough to trade FTF, we may need to look at alternatives. Shipping lead via UPSP, UPS, FedEx usually doesn't work out too well cost-wise...

·
Vendor
1,317 Posts
Actually shipping lead through the post office is the only way to go. 70lbs can be shipped for about $10. How many firings and what do you value your brass at?

·
Banned
10,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
...154 pc of 357 + 91 pc of 38sp. AFAIK, it's mostly once-fired, but who knows?...

It's range brass. May be once-fired, may have been fired 3-4 times.

Since it's a mixture of 357 & 38, call it 7cents each. 245 pcs = $17.

·
Vendor
1,317 Posts
10lbs shipped?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.