Sheds | Carolina Shooters Club

Sheds

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by JACMAN, Feb 7, 2012.

1. JACMAN

JACMAN New Member

Can anybody steer me in a direction on a shed. I am looking for 8x8 or 10x10. I have been looking Home Depot, they have two grades of sheds, one 10x10 was $750 and the better 8x8 was $999. I went to a local shed company and they wanted $1300 plus for an 8x10. I know you get what you pay for but was curious if anybody had luck with the hardware store sheds. Thanks for any help.

2. GoWolfpack

GoWolfpack Scofflaw Cyclist Club Subscribed

Suffolk, VA (formerly Rolesville and Tarboro, NC)
    Builder's Discount Center would be my recommendation for pre-built sheds. They are not works of art, but I called and told them I wanted one on Tuesday and a rollback dropped it in my yard on Friday. Unfortunately the nearest one to you is Burlington, so you'll have to call and see if they'll deliver that far.

The cheap ones from Lowes are utter crap. Number 3 grade 2x3 studs on 24" centers and even cheap plywood. You should at least pay enough to get one that uses full 2x4s on 16" centers for the walls.

3. soreshoulder

soreshoulder Retired Staff Member Lifetime Member

I got a good one at Leonard's. It was custom ordered, built (locally) and in my yard in about a week.