Shops in Triangle/Triad Area that Have Mid-Level ($1k) Target Rifles | Carolina Shooters Club

Shops in Triangle/Triad Area that Have Mid-Level ($1k) Target Rifles

Discussion in 'The Snipers Nest' started by CelMare, Mar 2, 2021.

1. CelMare

CelMare Registered Member

I'm looking for a mid-level target rifle, and to me that means $1kish. Done all the reading I can on Bergara B14 HMR, Ruger Precision (although slightly beyond my desired price)/Hawkeye LRT, Howa HCR, among others.

Where in the Triangle/Triad area can I go to feel these in person? Caliber doesn't matter as the shop can usually order in what I want, after I get a feeling. I've seen high end ($2k) and low end ($500) setups at the shops I frequent, but nothing in between.

2. JimboJones

JimboJones Registered Member

Was just at Fuquay Gun and they seemed to have a pretty nice selection of bolt action center-fire rifles. Even saw a few Bergara but didnt handle any. When you get in the store, go immediately right to the end of the aisle then turn left and walk towards the counter. Top rack is centerfire, bottom is rimfire. They didnt have the one I wanted (CZ 557 Varmint in 308) so I ordered it from Blackhawk Armory. Should ship next week for pickup at Fuquay Gun. Ended up leaving with another CZ, - the 457 American in 22 LR.

Maybe call them to see what they have on hand currently. They are super nice.