Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These seem to be solid choices for a budget optic. But I'm confused about the warranty. Read a couple of places that they had a limited lifetime warranty. But also read that it's only three years. Anybody know for sure which it is? I know it's not transferrable.

They seem to be reliable. Just wish the battery life were better. Or at least it should have an auto-off feature.

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK. Thanks Phantom. So for their Ultrashot/Minishot type products, the warranty is only three years then. I keep hering limited lifetime from alot of people (did it used to be lifetime??), but obviously it is not.

How does this compare with the warranties from Aimpoint, Eotech, etc.? I also considered an Aimpoint Pro just due to battery life. But this is going on a cheapo weapon.

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have two of Marshall's units and they've been great. But you can't get them. He needs to hire someone to handle his ordering/logistics/forecasting!!

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've read that the SM14000 is better than the SM13005. I know there are some differences in the two. Battery life being a big one. But no idea if the recticle is better on the 14000 model. Anybody have a 14000 (or 14002) that can comment?

Godzilla, what others are you looking at (that would be around the same price point)?

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FYI, I called Sightmark and asked. They say the Ultrashot carries the limited lifetime warranty, not just a three year warranty. But that is NOT what their web page says. They assured me it was incorrect wording on the web page and they will check into that problem. Lifetime warranty sounds pretty good to me. Anyone know if they back up their warranties? I was impressed with the guy I spoke with. He was genuinely interested in my questions, and seemed to really believe in the product. You usually can get some feel for a company by talking with their folks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been through 3 sights trying to find a reflex sight for my AK that will both hold zero & not wash out. I've tried a Truglo & 2 Sightmarks. I'm seriously considering an Eotech 512. I had thought about the Burris Fastfire III, but I've seen too many negatives about it. I'll admit, the price for the Eotech (around $400) is causing me to really think about whether I really want to go that route. On the other hand, I'll probably never have to buy another sight for it. Decisions, decisions.....

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For an AK, you may well have to go with an Aimpoint or Eotech. Pretty good recoil there. Have you considered the Aimpoint Pro?

For what I want to put it on, I think the Sightmark will be fine. Unless I see a real deal on something else in the next couple of days, I'll likely get the SM14002 (night vision compatible) Sightmark Ultrashot.

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
Fastfire should work just fine and hold up well....they're pretty tough. I run a Fastfire on one of my AR's and really like it. I've seen people run them on AR's with no issue.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
I bought the Sightmark 1.5x-5x Tactical optic 3 years ago and mounted it on a SU-16 (lightweight 5.56 rifle). After 1 year the retical rotated slightly. I had no paperwork or receipt. Sightmark gave me an RMA no questions asked and replaced it free of charge. I wouldn't trust it with my life but for range use with customer service like that I would buy their products again. BTW I really do like it, it's a first focal plane scope and the glass is very clear and crisp all the way out to the edges.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/75...-15-5x-30mm-first-focal-mil-dot-reticle-matte

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.