Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
10,039 Posts
Eh, the duckbill detachable mags are less than desirable. Tapco is just as good as any if you want to go that route. Honestly stripper clips on 10 rounds are easier than carrying and changing those duckbill mags. If you want an sks with detachable mags find an sks-d or sks-m Norinco that takes ak mags from the factory, but once you see the price of those you would just be better to spend an extra 100 and get an AK.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I use the Tapco mags on my SKS and I have no idea why everybody says they are hard to put in. Sure the angle is different than the AK, but they still slip right in. I have also upgraded the stock, but I am not even sure if that makes a difference. Anyway, Midway ships them for like $18 each, I wouldn't hesitate to purchase them again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.