Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a Norinco SKS in a local pawn shop for 299 without bipod...349 with but that isnt my question. It had detachable mags rather than the internal mag. I know not much about the SKS at all but I was under the impression that you couldnt just change that one aspect of the rifle..that you had to convert more than just the ability to accept magazines.

I was really confused when I left and felt like the cop that was there trying to explain it to me was not entirely right but I didnt want to call his bluff since I know next to nothing.

·
Banned
13,863 Posts
First I happen to know where you can get 2 sks's for $500 :)

Second, it depends on the model of SKS. The D and the M were 16 inch barreled versions that were designed to receive the AK mags. They are normally selling for around $500.

Most likely this was a conversion. If the mags had a big nipple or ear on the front that's what they were. I have tried these without any success in mine and just went back to the original internal mags.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes they had some kind of collar around the mag but I didnt look at it up close as I was getting annoyed by the cop that was there telling me about how I didnt know anything and it didnt need to be converted all you had to do was removed this one part etc etc. That may be true but he was kind of a douche anyway.

After I left I realized the guy said it was a Chinese made model for 299 if you leave off the goofy ass bipod.

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
I had a Norinco SKS back in the 90's that was converted from fixed mag to detachable. Simple process and reliable with Tapco mags. LOL.....that rifle cost me $80 knew from one of the big box sporting goods stores.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
just picked this sks at a local store for 279 plus tax...and yes they seem to be going up and up. I sold my sks-D last year on gb for 450 bucks....yes they was a bidding war.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.