Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Dead and Remembering
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched Skyfall finally, having seen every Bond film ever made, I had to keep it up.

It finished the reboot they had started. New Q at young age, and M dying in the end.

Moneypenny behind the desk now, and a new M.

So it appears they are ready to reboot the entire series again, I wonder if it will be remakes or new foes?

·
Ar Hugger. Carpe diem per guttur .
12,561 Posts
I saw it on IMAX. As a bond fan, I liked it. My biggest issue: M. I love the lady. That sucked, but she was a trooper.

Now, since I'm not one for sentiments or conventions...007 is in serious need of a sidearm upgrade. Keep the walther for a BUG and give it some screen time in an ankle holster or something.

But when the bad guy jumps out with this:
View attachment 32217
And our hero has this and a spare mag or two:
View attachment 32218
I start feeling bad.

And I wasn't all that surprised when he got hit by friendly fire at 300 yards with a 7" barreled AR. The guys beside me weren't either, they were in 5.11 pants with shiney pocket knives and I figured they were members here the way they kept talkin about the guns in the movie lol.

Like any Hollywood movies, there were several things that just wouldn't work...like those shotgun shell booby traps.

Overall though, good movie and glad I saw it in the theater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Dead and Remembering
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I don't get lauching him off of a train by getting winged by a .223.

I loved the short AR/M16s. Makes me want to build a 10" now.

The G18 with the Glock beta was awesome.

·
Banned
4,575 Posts
Thought the shotgun shells were just the igniters for the packs of broken glass/propellent. Shotgun shells will make a deadly efficient trap and can be easily/quickly rigged. Read that somewhere--do not try it of course. Like you, have seen the movies and read Ian Flemming's books many years ago. Best movie--hmm Goldfinger--best book, Dr. No.

·
Registered
607 Posts
AFAIK they used the light's element to ignite some shotgun powder and the primer. Probably not the best bet with so little to contain the reaction, but feasible?

·
12,561 Posts
Wouldn't it be like a regular pistol round going off out in the open? Without a chamber to contain the explosion and focus the pressure, it just kind of poofs without much force?

·
Dead and Remembering
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wouldn't it be like a regular pistol round going off out in the open? Without a chamber to contain the explosion and focus the pressure, it just kind of poofs without much force?

Shotgun shell has a bit of a chamber with the brass, if it backed into a socket I think the explosion would be directional some what.

·
12,561 Posts
Shotgun shell has a bit of a chamber with the brass, if it backed into a socket I think the explosion would be directional some what.
I've seen some handgun ammo that was in a fire. The brass cases were ripped, separated and not far from the bullets. (I would have snapped a pic but star-Tac phones didn't have cameras back then lol). From what I was told, there just isn't enough pressure contained. A shotgun shell seems a bit worse to me since there is very little brass, especially compared to a handgun/rifle round. That light socket is likely thin sheet metal and porcelain so I doubt it will hold the pressure.

In that situation, I'll keep the shotgun shells for shotgun use lol. Either way, I'd rather not be in that situation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.