Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Colt 6920 & am looking at the best options for mounting my sling(VTAC). My rifle is a 16" barrel, carbine gas with MOE hand guard, and a standard FSB. The stock front sling swivel is in the 6 o'clock position vs the 9 o'clock. Looking for input on pros/cons of using the area on the hand guard just forward of the delta nut for the front sling mount point. IWC makes a micro QD that will install into the MOE hand guard that mounts in the location. I have read that that mounting point works well because it keeps the sling from interfering with your forward grip(especially if you grip around the FSB area) and also wouldn't interfere with light mounts, etc...
The other option I was considering is one of the Blue Line Gear wire loop style mounting points. It could be looped around the FSB.
Just wanted to pick your brains for advice.

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
602 Posts
This is a very personal choice. I myself want the front as close to the receiver as possible on the left side of the rifle. The rear is the QD socket on the CTR stock but on the right side. This allows the rifle to hang more natural to me. I also use a VTAC padded sling and QD swivels on both ends. I use rails that have the QD sockets made into them. But there are literally hundreds of different mounting positions, you just need to find what works for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.