Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
709 Posts
Do the 30 day free trail and dump it.. netflix use to be good but has gone way downhill.. They use to carry all the movies Straz has but not anymore. They hardly add new content. To bad because it was well worth the money at one time.

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
I hear all the new movies are on the DVD option. I have also found the streaming option to be somewhat lacking, but for someone like me that doesn't normally carry cable or satellite, catching up on some of the older stuff is just fine. I normally only watch cable shows when I hit the road for work and have to live in a hotel.

Besides, it is pretty cool watching an entire series in just a few days instead of waiting a week for each new episode. They are new to me if I have never seen them before, it doesn't matter if they are a week old, or a year old. It isn't as if a TV show is going to make a difference in the direction my life is taking. It is just entertainment.

·
Dead and Remembering
4,243 Posts
Check out Dale and Tucker VS Evil.

Surprisingly a good movie.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
We dumped cable 4 years ago or so... At the time wife had lost her job and we were finding ways to save money. Decided to keep netflix streaming and it's been great. I've found all kinds of films that I normally wouldn't have watched.

Best epic of all time: Red Cliff (It's chinese... and it's amazing... 3 hours long, 5 hours with the directors cut dvd!)
Good times Chinese Western: The Good, The Bad, and the Weird
And any martial arts watchers must see Ip Man and Ip Man 2

i could go on for a while... Got into trying out foreign flicks a while back and came across quite a few that were either just fun or downright amazing to watch.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
They got rid of some of the offerings that I thought were pretty good. One such movie was "Wasabi" with Jean Reno... I wasn't expecting much but the funny/action theme was awesome. My wife even enjoyed that one. Went to watch it again and for whatever reason it was gone.

Steaming new movies is still a challenge across the board I think. The production companies don't release streaming for a while because they want to promote DVD/Blue Ray sales first. You'll have that problem with any service, that is above board that is.

·
Banned
3,753 Posts
Netflix (online only option) is still one of the best deals out there (IMO).

However, Im not just expecting NEW RELEASES.

For stuff like older tv shows (entire seasons!) and less know movies- its fantastic... example- try the original Girl With Dragon Tattoo (all three films) they are subtitled and a great watch... old sci fi movies, old westerns, etc, etc.... great archive of all that stuff!

NOTE: I also have 2 kids in my house- they watch netflix ALL THE TIME.... no its a slam dunk deal for us.

It integrates with our tivo as well- so if we search for a movie- we can see it its available on cable, or netflix or amazon.... neat feature.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Good times Chinese Western: The Good, The Bad, and the Weird
The Good, The Bad, and the Weird is Korean.

If you liked Ip Man and Ip Man 2, watch Legend of the Fist: The Return of Chen Zhen. It stars Donnie Yen, the same guy from Ip Man and Ip Man 2 and its pretty badass. It should still be on Netflix.

·
Premium Member
5,640 Posts
Oops... Somehow didn't pick up on it being Korean. Guess it is still in the Chinese western style lol I watched a Japanese made western that was decent but forgot the name now. Was a little out there, which seems to be the case with Japanese film.

·
3,580 Posts
Netflix instant sucked after they split with Starz, but they have gotten better lately. Its all we use for entertainment.

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Any recommendations for action, drama, use of firearms type movies currently on Netflix? I'm also into documentaries.

·
Premium Member
2,908 Posts
Theres the 9th Company on there.... about the Russian Army in Afganistan. The day the war came.. Aussie version of red dawn. Crimson rivers.. french crime film that was surprisingly good.

I like Netflix streaming. It's not what it used to be, but it allowed us to dump cable and save a ton of money. There's always something to watch on there. If you want new-ish releases, go to Redbox.

·
Disposable apparently
12,243 Posts
We just dumped cable and home phone, upgraded our internet speed and saved 80 bucks a month.

I like netflix. I also have a pretty good ultraviolet movie collection started. Roku box in the living room. Netgear neotv box in the bedroom. Kids are getting rokus for their rooms for Christmas.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.