Somebody shot at the Dixie show today. | Carolina Shooters Club

Somebody shot at the Dixie show today.

Discussion in 'Firearms News and Firearms related political news' started by JACMAN, Aug 19, 2012.

1. JACMAN

JACMAN New Member

Channel 14 said someone shot themselves in the hand while clearing thier gun at the door. They actually said '' the gun went off by itself".

2. FNG

FNG Hall of Shame Club Subscribed

f#$%#$!

3. Zbizzle911

Zbizzle911 Lead Slinger

There's a dumbass born every second!

4. B00GER

B00GER Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Moron.

5. HTP

HTP Guest

I was there when a guy brought in a AK-47, no magazine, in to the tie-wrap police. No one checked the chamber and when they tied the trigger a discharge went straight up through the ceiling. I was two people behind in line.

Unfortunately, he was black and had long braids, so was pretty poorly treated verbally by attendees while they held him for the police. Many of the verbal arrows were racial. I was glad no one got hurt and felt sympathy for his negligence.

Sent from my FrankenPad.

6. -06

-06 Hall of Shame

Liberal WSOC will just have a "field day" over this idiot. Some people can tear up an anvil in the middle of a corn field. Thank God he did not shoot anyone else. "Coordination is dangerous if one is not used to it".

7. NicerInPerson

NicerInPerson Zombie Task Force Lifetime Member

8. FNG

FNG Hall of Shame Club Subscribed

Its amazing all these guns that just "go off"

9. august1410

august1410 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Sounds like the old "booger hook on the bang switch" scenario.....

10. Paracord Joes

Paracord Joes Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Ya know, it may sound judgmental, but doing as many gun shows as I do, there are some times when you can look at people and tell if they are proficient with their weapon or just strap it on to go to the gun show....some people just scream dangerous.....

11. -06

-06 Hall of Shame

That same "dangerous" person is the one that causes problems for the rest of us "sensible" folks. We all make mistakes but the key is to learn from them. Caution is a foreign language to some.

12. Rick119

Rick119 Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

Unfortunate, glad no one else was hurt. They say it was a vendor, wonder who?

13. MacA

MacA Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

I was pulling in to the lot just before 10:00 when I was passed by the ambulance. One of the vendors I talked to said it was a pretty severe wound. Like others above, I hate it for the guy, but this is just more "fuel for the fire"!

14. NJSC

NJSC Member

So no one got hurt, but why was there an ambulance? Maybe just something like a rumor that escalated?

15. Deus Vult

Deus Vult New Member

Wow. How do you not check a chamber. Its the #1 rule. I dont care if my best buddy hands me a weapon and i watch him index the chamber. Piss poor safety.

16. Meckmeister

Meckmeister Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

This guy being a vendor, I can imagine was talking to a friend, was totally distracted, and kaboom. People, all of us, ALWAYS make mistakes.

17. solo1765

solo1765 New Member

We're set up in building B and my buddy that was working our table this morning said it happened in our building. That narrows it down a little.

18. Madmardigan

Madmardigan Dead and Remembering Lifetime Member

But why would he have a loaded gun in his hand talking to a customer?

Unless I am practicing with my gun, it stays in the holster.

19. sr30

sr30 Wings of Gold 1990

I took my CCW class last weekend and there was a woman in the class near 60 or so and when we got to the range I think it was maybe her 2nd time handling a gun. I was praying nothing would happen. She took nearly 2 hours to qualify. I guess some dont think about the responsibility that comes with these rights. When you go to qualify for CCW IMO that shouldnt be the 2nd time youve EVER handled a weapon.

20. solo1765

solo1765 New Member

.....copied from the NCGO forum.....

Before any of you hear through the gun forums or other media outlets, I want to get the record straight. Before the Gun Show started this morning in Charlotte, my partner and best friend, Eric made a horrible mistake and discharged a live .40 S&W round through his right hand and into our slide show monitor. As I type this, Eric is undergoing surgery to amputate what remains of one of his fingers and part of his hand. I was sitting a few feet from the shot and the room was full of vendors and their family. Everyone is lucky that this was the worst of the incident. The outcome could have been far worse. No one realizes what could have happened and no one feels sorrier about it than Eric. It was simply a lapse in concentration that everyone should take notice of. It only takes one error in judgement for tragic accidents like this to happen and Eric will suffer for this mistake for the rest of his life. I hope that you will keep him and his family in your thoughts while he recovers. After the Police concluded their paperwork, we loaded everything up and left the show this morning to meet with his family and to offer support. Luckily, my computer monitor stopped the round from doing further harm to anyone there. It just goes to show that no matter what your experience level is with firearms, you can NEVER skip even one step or rule concerning proper firearms handling.

21. solo1765

solo1765 New Member

...and a response to some questions......

He had just arrived to help us out at our tables, he brought in his carry sidearm since it is one that I have refinished in the past to show an example of our work. It appears that he changed mags from a loaded one to an empty one at some point because when he went to check clear to install the zip tie, that's when the shot was fired. In no way am I saying that I think this was accidental. It was pure negligence on his part. He's my friend and partner in the business but this was plain old dangerous negligence. He carries one in the chamber always on the Sigma .40 and neglected to eject that round. When he dropped the gun on the table, the slide was locked back with an empty mag in it.

There will be no legal issues with this, the police classified it as an accidental discharge, took statements, confiscated his firearm(will return when he goes to pick it up) and took some pics of the bits of hand and mass amounts of blood that were present still.

As far as our status with Dixie Gun Shows, I have already heard that he was banned permanently and on my companies status I will find out in a few days. I couldn't blame Missy a bit if she never allowed me back in the place but I hope she will.

His negligence is something that he and I will discuss heavily once he starts to heal. I just heard he came out of surgery a few minutes ago and is resting in recovery right now. I doubt seriously that I can ever trust him fully around a gun again, thankfully he usually only does marketing and office related tasks anyway. I do all of the actual work and handling of firearms in the shop. His dealings with our firearms was limited only to his personal guns and ours when we were at shows.

22. Paracord Joes

Paracord Joes Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Does anyone know the business name? I am friends with a lot of these people....

23. rugerlc9lm

rugerlc9lm Bloody Peasant Staff

24. FlatFender

FlatFender Not Here Anymore. Club Subscribed

On NCGO it was posted by someone named KGB Armory.

25. rugerlc9lm

26. Harold Pressley

Harold Pressley Active Member

These guys operate out of South Union County which is where I live. To the best of my knowledge they do not sell firearms or ammo. Their main business is the coating of weapons and accessories. I bought a bottle of Duracoat from them at the Concord show which was the first time I had met them. They seemed like good guys but as was said before even good guys make mistakes and this obviously was just that. Thankfully no one else was injured.

27. georgel

georgel Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Well, my thoughts go out to Eric. I hope he heals OK. Accidents happen. They happen with power tools and chainsaws too, all with great consequence.

28. rugerlc9lm

Ok, so were there 2 ND's?

And AK and a Pistol?

What the heck is going on?!?

29. Harold Pressley

Harold Pressley Active Member

I suppose the color of his skin and the style of his hair induced the negligence that resulted in an accidental discharge? It is unfortunate that we as the American people can't see beyond the color of someone's skin...STILL.

Once again I am glad no one was injured but that same mistake could have happened to any other negligent person regardless of skin color and hair style. It's a sad world that we live in today...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  30. Krabba

Krabba Registered Member

I got the impression that the AK ND happened at a previous show.