Sold - SPF K98 SWP 45 | Carolina Shooters Club

Sold SPF K98 SWP 45

Discussion in 'Long Guns for Sale' started by Michael Lopez, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Michael Lopez

Michael Lopez Registered Member

I have a nice k98 I am looking for sale, was made right after world war 2 judging by the serial number and date.
    Very nice shape and great bore. This is of Czech mfg and I am asking $500.00. Exchange to take place in or near Greensboro, NC (Summerfield, NC preferably). Offers considered and trades of .22 LR firearms are of interest.

upload_2021-4-7_15-37-42.jpeg

The rifles produced by Waffen Werke Brünn were coded swp in the latter part of 1945, a code change from dot 1944. The serial number range is about 45300a to over 90000a, a continuation from dot 1944 production. Most swp45 guns are in the semi Kriegsmodell configuration, but it is possible that some late swp45 guns were full Kriegsmodells. Phosphate finish shows up in the swp45 range too- starting with bolts. Late in the 75000a range, swp 45 marked guns can be found with an cheap sheet metal rear sight. These guns with the sheetmetal sight were once believed to be experimental, but the sight was general issue from the mid 75000a range till the end of production. Many of these fell into the hands of the Russians, as the factory was in the Russian occupation zone. Waffenamt markings are the same as for dot- Wa63 proofed parts are the norm, but many odd items can be found on the Waffen Werk Brünn guns, such as S/42 marked parts and other odd subcontracted parts (Wa37 parts from Haenel are also found).

Most items below are based on study of matching original guns- variations to exist from this guide however.

Serial Range:45300a to 90000a

Approximate number produced: 45,000
    Metal Finish: Blued, Phosphate, or Mix
    Stock Finish: Most unstained, rough, Eagle H marked
    Stock Type:Semi Kriegsmodell- has takedown washer, bayonet lug deleted, screwed in band -"dot" marked common, as well as rough exterior finish
    Wood Type: most laminated
    Triggergaurd: qnw, byf no locking screw type most often encountered- many variations may exist
    Floorplate: Most stamped and byf marked, blued or phosphate, some milled with subcontractor markings such as "1", LU, qnw
    Follower: some lxr marked, blued or phosphated
    Front and Rear Bands: Bands were blued, or will be silver grey-green phosphate finished, no waffenamts or serial, held by screws (no band spring)
    Numbered Parts:
    Full serial number w/suffix on left receiver, last 4 digits with suffix on bolt root, last 4 digits on bolt shroud, last 4 digits on cocking piece, Safety unnumbered

Thanks for viewing and serious queries email/PM for phone number, pictures, etc.
    [​IMG]

Beetlegeuse likes this.
  2. rhodney

rhodney Registered Member

Interested in a 44 mag revolver with a custom right hand holster

3. Michael Lopez

Really outside my area of interest (senior dinosaur). Thanks for the offer.

4. rhodney

Lol did you just make an old joke on me hahaha

5. Michael Lopez

No, no joke I am an octogenarian.

rhodney likes this.
  6. rhodney

Ohh i apologize

7. Michael Lopez

Not necessary at all!

8. Michael Lopez

9. David Hawkins

David Hawkins Registered Member

Hello would you be interested in a brand new Ruger 10/22 with Woodstock and a synthetic stock it has adjustable butt stock and pistol grip can add ammo as well rifle has less than 50 rounds fired if interested text me at 336-628-2999

10. Michael Lopez

Sorry, sold.