Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a replacement knife for the one that I lost off the back of our truck. Ordered a Spyderco Delica. Anyone else have one/ want to post pics of theirs so I can drool until mine comes in.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Spyderco makes great knives. Most of mine no longer get carried since I bought my Zero Tolerance. When I buy a Spyderco I only buy the units made in the USA. I think they made a huge mistake when trying to compete in the cheaper knife market by out sourcing them to third world countries. I buy American to support Americans whenever I can.

·
Semper Paratus
611 Posts
Love my green Delica. Mainly my weekend carry knife only. His cheap low rent brother, the Byrd Meadowlark is my EDC box cutter, screw driver, and pry tool.

·
Not Here Anymore.
5,350 Posts
I think mine is just OK. Great ergonomics, design, etc. Love the Emerson Wave.

Downside is the blade steel. Mine doesn't hold an edge for anything, needs constant sharpening, and its really a bear to sharpen. (ZT-10 steel I believe?)

I'd like another with a different blade steel.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I think mine is just OK. Great ergonomics, design, etc. Love the Emerson Wave.

Downside is the blade steel. Mine doesn't hold an edge for anything, needs constant sharpening, and its really a bear to sharpen. (ZT-10 steel I believe?)

I'd like another with a different blade steel.
I believe its VG-10 steel.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mine came in this morning but since i am stuck at school i cant get it till next weekend. UGH lol yalls look gorgeous though. I got the blue one.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Can't find a picture right now but I have a Spyderco Horn and Native. Both have pulled carry duty, the Horn still gets selected when hiking. My buddy has been carrying a Delica for years. Good knives.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I just recently bought a spyderco horn and it's not a bad knife for the price. The blade work is nice and it locks up nice and tight with no wobble either direction. On the downside, the handles look and feel cheap and I wish the clip was mounted higher on the knife. I've really taken a liking to the way sog mounts their clips to the end of the knife. Totally disappears in your pocket.

·
Registered
167 Posts
How can you tell, like if I wanted to know while shipping on line? Or do you have to handle them to know; look at the box? Thanks
My guess is he is mostly refering to the "Byrd" line. It's probably kind of like a Mexican Fender Guitar. Same company, same ergonomics, probably a little lower quality etc. I love my Byrd (Robin I think). I had bought my dad a Delica many years ago but couldn't quite pull the trigger on one for me.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
carried a Delica for 10+ years.......lost it at the General Assembly (yeah, i know).....
then bought a Native at the State Surplus Store in Raleigh for $20
(they get a lot of the RDU TSA confiscations).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.