Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Dog Defender
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it can be defeated? My girlfriend got an SR22 for a range toy and while it is a nifty little gun, neither one of us like the magazine disconnect. I have never owned a gun with one before and I actually find it to be a "safety feature" bordering on the absurd. I actually think mag disconnects invite trouble. I understand the so-called logic behind them however I think that "logic" is seriously flawed. That aside, we simply do not like it. I have been doing some research but I have not found much of anything helpful thus far.

·
Dog Defender
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well after fiddling with the gun I see how the mag disconnect works. It looks like a simple straightforward fix actually. However seeing as how it is my girlfriends gun I will probably leave it alone for now. If it was mine I would have this thing entirely torn by now. That is actually one of the first things I do with my new guns, detail strip and poke around. With my luck I would probably break this one because it belongs to someone else, Murphy's Law.

·
Dog Defender
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Might be a dumb question...but why would u want to disconnect this feature? If it is not there, how will the magazine stay inserted into the grip?
You are thinking of a magazine release and no, I would not want to defeat it. The magazine disconnect is a "feature" that prevents the pistol from firing if there is no magazine in the gun. In other words, the trigger becomes disabled or disconnected with the magazine removed. Even with a loaded chamber, the gun will not fire. Some people do not mind disconnects, others even think it is a safety feature. I disagree.

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
The Walter P22 has one as well, and I find it counter-intuitive to safety. No way to lower the hammer on an empty chamber/empty mag closed action gun.
Not sure I see the purpose, safety is in the mind not the design IMO.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.