Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a .300 blackout upper from DSarms for $475 total with BCG and charge handle.

Was told a 2 week wait, a week into it(today) I called and asked what the wait time was and I was told 5-6 weeks..

Sota arms who I had been in contact with before told me a 2 week wait also, their lower complete looked better and was just $450 with everything shipped to my door. I assume because it was a smaller company I would not have to worry about my wait time being changed to 6 weeks..

Went on their website and they have gone up from $50-150 on most AR prices.

Any craze in your ordering/area? Claytons walmart ammo shelves are full.. Knightdales were empty, raleighs also empty.

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
I can get a Sota complete 300 BO upper for $499 today (local guy has a few). He's putting them together, and I bought just the bbl from him on Tuesday. Built it this morning.
He also had complete 300 BO rifles (Sota upper on a DPMS lower) for $799.

·
Les Deplorables
12,558 Posts
On Tuesday night itself, I watched some uppers go out of stock at AIM. Krabba running the numbers on the electoral math got me to pull the trigger on some toys at G&R.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which upper is it and will he ship?
I can get a Sota complete 300 BO upper for $499 today (local guy has a few). He's putting them together, and I bought just the bbl from him on Tuesday. Built it this morning.
He also had complete 300 BO rifles (Sota upper on a DPMS lower) for $799.

·
Banned
10,039 Posts
9mm, 380, 40s&w, 45acp, 223, 308, and 7.62x39 Ammo on shelf's is empty or low here.
Most traditional hunting ammo is in stock and plentiful.

The guy who owns Pawn USA in Whiteville, NC said yesterday his distributor has done 4 million in sales since the election.

·
3,580 Posts
Asheboro Walmart had Zero 9mm as of lunch today.

Gun stores in Asheboro have also altered layaway policy on magazine fed semi autos after the election.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
My God people. We see this EVERY time a Dem is elected. Let it blow over. If you pay grossly inflated prices, you are just making things worse. I have a long memory. I refuse to deal with a local hardware that jacked chainsaw prices up 2 times over when Hugo hit in 89. I will make a note of those doing the same this time around. Buy a used Remington Tac 12 gage. 9 shots of 00 should keep any civilian from harming you. Before you buy anything, take a close look at what you have now. Do you really need to pay double for something you don't really need?

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Bought some stuff before the election and going to pick it up next week. Got it at "normal" prices and was going to buy them anyways...glad I didn't wait..

·
Registered
42 Posts
Picked up a couple of unissued East German mags and a tin of 7.62x39 TulAmmo that I had been eyeing, on the day after. I've seen several AR's being sold & put on hold in the days prior as well. Not as bad as the 2008 election in my memory though, at least so far.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Yeah, I was surprised that the LGS I go to primarily still had cases of 9mm FMJ, .380, .45, etc...all was FMJ, but that'll do if there is a shortage. I'm thinking about getting 500 rds of 9mm just to have around. Running short on range ammo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.