Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this site for real? I don’t understand how to purchase items listed with out privileges or how to get privileges. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Is this site for real? I don’t understand how to purchase items listed with out privileges or how to get privileges. Any ideas?
They already told you once, you need a certain amount of posts to unlock that feature.
It cuts down on scam accounts being made and instantly in the buy sell trade, scamming people

·
Registered
LTT Elite 92, Wilson EDC X9, P365xl, DDM4V7P, Beretta 1301 Comp
12 Posts
They already told you once, you need a certain amount of posts to unlock that feature.
It cuts down on scam accounts being made and instantly in the buy sell trade, scamming people
Would be nice for the rest of us newbies to know how many posts that is.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Try interacting and contributing to the community as a whole. That will build your reputation in general on the site. And get you privileges as well.

You have 4 posts. And have started 3 discussions. All of which are complaints about access. And all of which you were informed you need more activity on the site to gain acces/trust.

·
Registered
LTT Elite 92, Wilson EDC X9, P365xl, DDM4V7P, Beretta 1301 Comp
12 Posts
It would be nice if scammers didn’t know or easily get it. The point of it is to have trusted, contributing members.
Not someone coming in, making 20,30,40 dumb posts just to sell, or scam…
Sorry for wanting to buy shit from people that they have for sale. How awful of a thing to do. It’s like making guns illegal all it does is punish law abiding folks.

·
Registered
Firearms, bow, crossbow
36 Posts
I understand completely on the post's, there are plenty of scammers out there wanting to start stuff! As a member of another forum I see the problems with scammers and such.

·
Registered
6 Posts
been a member for years but when they changed the forum my user name and password where changed now i cant do anything

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just a note on potential scammers infiltrating this group - IMHO a few minor rules is a small price to pay if it ends up saving me the loss of something later. I am not a techno-guru that understands the world of how scammers get here and how to get rid of them. During the past couple of months while searching for firearms, ammo, and accessories, I discovered that some of the oldest and reputable manufacturers have disclaimers to warn you of scammers trying to duplicate their websites. They’ve yet to find a way to eliminate them. The scammers are so proficient that the only reason I knew I was viewing the scammer’s site was that they listed the firearms with “buy now” prices. The legitimate manufacturer does not sell firearms online - but done so by dealers. Getting rid of scammers is not the flip of a switch. Until it is, safety measure are our best protection - like is being done in this group. Just saying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I guess I understand the reasoning, unfortunately scammers are everywhere. I just like buying, selling, and trading, not necessarily reading other folks opinions and ideas. Guess I’ll have to spend some time on the web in order to take something new to the range.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been a member for quite sometime. I don't interact/contact/post in most cases. I do like browsing through the forums and reading post's especially in the reloading and gunsmithing areas, but I'm usually late and someone's normally done given a knowledgeable answer to most questions or concerns. I'm not a snob or anything like that, I'm just a little shy I guess. But I do enjoy browsing through and definitely no scammer, I'm in Caldwell County area and seems not to many who post regular are very close to my area. I'm a life long sportsman, firearms enthusiast/hobbyist gunsmith and reloader. I do enjoy long range shooting and currently assembling a rifle for steel match competition (if my body will allow) LOL!.. I'm a member of Hawk's Ridge gun club and frequent as often as my schedule allows, hoping to get there today for some load testing in the new platform.
So with all that being said, Hello to everyone! I hope everyone has a blessed day.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts