Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I picked up a new 22/45 back in the beginning of September. 5" barrel. After taking it out to shoot for the first time, I decided I wanted the grip mod done so I could add 1911 grips. I debated back and forth on doing it myself or having it done by someone that knew what they were doing. I ended up sending the lower out to a guy that has a great reputation for doing the mod that I found on rimfire central that goes by kinghouse. I emailed him to see what his turnaround time was, as I read some threads that seemed like it took a long time. He said his current turnaround time was 2-3 weeks, so I sent it to him the next day. It arrived to him on 9/15 & I still haven't received it back.
I emailed him on 10/8 to inquire on the status & was told that it should ship back the next week. I waited like another 18 days & emailed him again to see what was up(think it was on a Friday). He said it should go out by Wed, but probably on Monday. Of course another week and nothing. When I emailed again, he said he had some machine probems that backed him up, but it would go out that week. Of course that didn't seem to happen & he hasn't replied to. My latest inquiry yet. I am trying to be patient but it is starting to wear thin with all the broken promises.
Hs reputation for his work is great & the pics of it I have seen look flawless. He just hasn't been a guy that seems to keep his word. I realize things happen, especially cause he is apparently a one man operation, but this is getting ridiculous. He said 2-3 weeks that has now turned into more than 2 months at this point. My patience is almost gone.
Sorry for the long rant, just wanted to see what you guys thought about the situation & what I should do from here.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Exactly why I never sent mine off. I'd rather get a factory grip framed gun and switch the lowers than deal with such a waiting period.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I Know what you mean, These guys are afraid they'll hurt there rep if they say something came up and it's going to take much longer, Would you like me to send your frame back?
But it only hurts them more by making up lies trying to give themselves more time...

·
I'm told I'm pretty awesome...
8,590 Posts
Shame. It's an easy mod too. Just a bit of dremmel work, and the right drill bit and tap. I just put some new VZs on my 22/45. I ordered a tap and drill bit from Brownells the day I bought my pistol. Did the grip mod, LCI removal, and the mag disconnect removal as soon as I could.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shame. It's an easy mod too. Just a bit of dremmel work, and the right drill bit and tap. I just put some new VZs on my 22/45. I ordered a tap and drill bit from Brownells the day I bought my pistol. Did the grip mod, LCI removal, and the mag disconnect removal as soon as I could.
Yeah, I think I was hung up on the fact that it was a brand new gun. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess. So what would you do at this point? Keep waiting, email him yet again & call him on his lies this time(I've been very nice so far), maybe tell him I plan to share the email chain on that forum, or just ask for him to return it with a refund if it hasn't been done yet? I honestly would not really have been upset if he had contacted me and was up front and explained that it was going to take a good bit longer than originally stated. So far, the only info I have gotten from him has been in reply emails that I have sent. Inaccurate info at that.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I wouldn't just ask, I'd demand it back. That is the classic sign of a BSer....every week it's "oh it'll get sent this week"...I'm starting to deal with that now on a trigger job and I'm about to have a come to Jessus meeting.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Next thing you know he'll say that his wife sent it out. Then it will magically appear in between the seats of his wife's car in which she forgot or misplaced. He will be apologetic and that he'll say that he'll send it out personally this time.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I contacted him and basically asked him to sent it back with refund if not done. Within five minutes or so he responded and said the work had been done and it was in the group that is being shipped today. Keeping my fingers crossed it is actually true this time. Will let you guys know how it turns out.

·
Off to Greener Pastures
5,858 Posts
From what I have seen, he does great work and always takes a little longer then what he says.

But, folks seem to be okay with it once they see the job done. Hopefully, it will all be worth the wait!

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I finally got it back today. He did a fantastic job with it. Can't wait to go put some rounds through it now. It definitely feels like it fits my hand so much better with the hogue grip on it now. Before it felt pretty narrow in my hand. Happy with the way it turned out, just wish it hadn't taken so long.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.