Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought my AR with a carbine adjustable stock and frankly I am a giant of a man and would like to switch to a full length fixed. I was thinking of switching to this: http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2319149059/magpul-stock-moe-rifle-ar-15-lr-308-synthetic you have to click the black square to see the picture. So here is what I think I know about making the switch: I will have to get a new rifle length buffer tube, rifle buffer, and rifle spring. So here is what I still don't understand (if I even did in the first place): what if any issues can I run into in changing to rifle length with the gas system? Do I need to do anything to that? Are all rifle buffers the same or do I need a specific weight and or length? What about springs? I have seen that there are different "weights" to them and what should I be looking for? Thanks for all the help in advance.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I always see people extending their stock all the way out and they want to shoot it like a bolt action rifle. Instead shoot the AR with your nose to the charging handle and see the difference. I am 6 foot tall and only extend my stock one or two clicks at the most. There are plenty of videos on the internet that will show you this in action.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
I always see people extending their stock all the way out and they want to shoot it like a bolt action rifle. Instead shoot the AR with your nose to the charging handle and see the difference. I am 6 foot tall and only extend my stock one or two clicks at the most. There are plenty of videos on the internet that will show you this in action.
I shoot with the stock fully extended, or in one notch, when not wearing kit and I shoot nose to charging handle. Being able to achieve N2CH is more about body placement than stock length. Also, people that tend to shoot with the stock fully collapsed tend to have a weaker wrist position than those that are using a longer length of pull.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.