Stop supporting WRAL | Page 2 | Carolina Shooters Club

Stop supporting WRAL

Discussion in 'Politics Section' started by Barrett, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Barrett

Barrett Registered Member

Well, at least we agree on the 2nd and both enjoy firearms.

I make no excuses for my conservative opinions or my disdain for 2nd Amendment attackers.

Sent from my Samsung Note 8 using Tapatalk

2. Roughwater

Roughwater Registered Member

Everyone is welcome to their opionon for sure. I think we all here support the 2nd. But I also hate to see mass killings for no reason. No one has come up with a good plan than most can accept that would stop or at least reduce such incidents. It may take a little give and take to solve that problem. Some folks with mental illness issues don't need a gun. My sister was killed by here ex-husband with a gun. He was an ex con. I think sane, honest folk should have a gun if they want, we just need to figure out how to keep guns out to the hands of the bad guys and that don't seem to be happening. When your child, wife or friend is killed with a gun for no good reason it makes us more concerned about finding a way so others don't have to go through the same thing.

3. fieldgrade

fieldgrade is seldom seen Lifetime Member

I am sorry for your loss, truly. But we need to enforce the laws already on the books. No more laws are needed.

4. Have gun-will travel

Have gun-will travel Member

WRAL is so far to the left it just stinks. The totally supported Obama and the Hillary when she was running. The OP is right ,WRAL is totally Biased and completely anti gun. I have not watch their channel at all since they went away from CBS. I use to watch Greg Fishel on the weather. but now he's gone so I never look at that channel any longer. Plus their news casters are always bashing President Trump. He may not be perfect but he is the best president this country has had since Reagan.

john brewer and 98cwitr like this.
  5. cpippen

cpippen Member

Wral is presenting like they are a liberal rag agenda pressing news agency. I don’t agree with their tactics but I do still watch them from time to time. Unless I am watching abc11

6. billyd

billyd Registered Member

So what this whole thread is that we forego the 1st ammendant. So you dictorial comment is, "Sieh nicht zu, es ist ein WRAL. Es ist eine Verschwörung, die erste und die zweite Änderung zu untergraben."

7. 98cwitr

98cwitr Registered Member

WRAL's adwall alone should be enough reason to drop them...politics and bias aside. That said, I appreciate abc11.com and jocoreport.com for now.

8. billyd

billyd Registered Member

I appreciate the fact that most agree on the 1st amendment. That's what we have here on this forum, but to tell people what to do and what not with respect what they want or do not want to hear, read, etc. is BS. I watch both CNN, FOX, WRAL and WTVD. I'm the one that will filter the BS.

9. 98cwitr

As long as you understand the effect. By watching them, you give them viewership, which results in their increased ad revenues. If people stopped watching these trainwrecks of fake news, then we hit them in the most important spot: their paychecks.

Just my .02

10. billyd

billyd Registered Member

Again, bias thru a third party....I understand the affect.

11. 98cwitr

Cool. I go to CNN and Vox and leftist websites, but I've got 2 or 3 adblockers running. If they have an adwall, I use outline.com. I also dropped cable TV. It's rather pointless in 2019 in my opinion.

Looks like wral dropped their adwall, but they still display bias in their reporting and choice of stories, and it's because Raleigh leans blue.

12. john brewer

john brewer Registered Member

WRAL is a leftist mouthpiece.

" I think we all here support the 2nd. But ..."

....nothing.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  13. john brewer

john brewer Registered Member

Among other things, WRAL published the names and addresses of concealed carry permit holders. They are unabashedly liberal. But then again, so is the parent company of this forum (vertical scope)

Thankfully in both TV stations and GunForums we have choices.

14. AJoldfart

AJoldfart Registered Member

Barret is correct.

15. 98cwitr

Here's what I don't get; CEO of WRAL, James Goodmon, according to NC voter info, voted straight GOP in 2004, then to Dem from 2006 - 2010, then back to GOP 2014-2016, and then back to Dem 2018-2020. Who does that??

16. Barrett

Here's the problem...news is news...it should be presented without bias...or at least as little as possible or balanced. News today is entertainment. In fact they will tell you that...they will tell you they are not news but entertainment. People are just to stupid to know the difference.

Media thrives on drama...it causes their viewership to increase and in turn the amount they can charge for advertising. These past few weeks with the riots and all are a great example. Both local news stations that own helicopters had them in the air almost every afternoon for the past 2 to 3 weeks to catch the protest and riot drama. In turn, the protesters and rioters delivered because they had a forum.

I think mass media are the biggest issue we face today as a Nation.

17. Barrett

Funny...I'm just the opposite. Every station except Fox leans completely Left. Fox leans right but at least does have people and shows that try to to bring it back to center...all other media doesn't even try...and now we can add the social media giants to that list as well.

18. Barrett

Who does that...I'll tell you who...it's who can "show me (him) the money". He votes by who he can benefit the most from.

Everyone heard about Raleigh buying Dix Park from the State in the past couple of years. Guess who was on the committee to lead the city buying the property?...Yep...Goodman. Guess who has the commercial development rights to Dix?...:rolleyes: