Suggest a Ruger Charger optic | Carolina Shooters Club

Suggest a Ruger Charger optic

Discussion in 'Rimfire pistol' started by OneShot, May 4, 2017.

1. OneShot

OneShot Member

I recently got a Ruger 10-22 Charger Take-down. What are yall using for optics on these bench pistols? Red dots, pistol scope, rifle scope??? Thanks!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  2. bigfuzzy

bigfuzzy Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

I have used a red dot & pistol scope. depends whether you are shooting for accuracy or what I call plinking. I liked the red dot for general shooting but I don't think red dots will show you the accuracy a scope will. I haven't saw a bench rest rifle with a red dot yet. right now mine has a cheap pistol scope on it. that is my 2 cents worth, feel free to disagree.

3. Cmercaldo

Cmercaldo Registered Member

What are you looking to do with the Charger? Long range? Just general plinking? I love my red dots out to 50 yards just for general steel plinking...

4. OneShot

OneShot Member

Probably just general plinking out to 50 yd. or so.

5. Lager

Lager Registered Member

I had one of these once, what a fun gun to shoot. Had mine fitted with a cheap scope and used to hand it out to kids and watch them out shoot their Dad with his 10-22. Its a pretty accurate lil gun, but like all 22,s its only as good as the ammo you feed it.
    I had mine fitted with a decent 4X that had minimal parallax problems and it could hit golf balls at about 50 yards, some of the time. If I had to do it all over again and just wanted to hit some soda cans @ 50 ? Think I would go with a reflex green dot sight you can buy for about $35 that will mount to your scope rail and go have your self some fun.