Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Les Deplorables
12,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After watching the Giants pass rush kick into high gear over the last few games, I think they will get much more pressure on Brady than the Ravens did. On a side note, I think that was a big mistake on the part of the Ravens - they needed more sneaky blitzes because they only have one good pass rusher (Suggs). Brady was way too comfortable, even though the Ravens secondary and linebackers kept everything in front of them and did a good job and forced Pats to drive the field in small chunks.

Giants should be able to get pressure with the front four and if they mix in some blitzes, I think they can force Brady into mistakes. Eli is on fire, and he will be much more comfortable than he was against the 49ers (damn, that 49er D is fierce).

I think the Pats will roll out some trick plays to catch the Giants off guard, but I think the G-men pull out the win.

·
Banned
550 Posts
The last one ended on a fluke and it was 17-14. I was there at Giants Stadium for the 16-0 perfect regular season and that PATS team was battered heading in. Playing on the carpet in Indy is definitely advantage NE as far as offense. You can't compare the NY pass rush to the way BAL plays the line. BAL is the best D in the game bar none and Eli won't have the cushion to throw against the D that showed up against BAL.

Simply put, Eli will have to outplay Brady and if he does my PATS go 3-4 in the SB era.

·
Les Deplorables
12,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can't compare the NY pass rush to the way BAL plays the line.
Huh? Baltimore doesn't have a pass rush beyond Suggs, and he was neutralized. Brady had plenty of time all game long. Don't get me wrong, Ravens did well to keep everything in front of them and contain the Pats offense. They just didn't have the personnel and scheme to really pressure Brady.

·
Wings of Gold 1990
6,752 Posts
Anyone but the Pats

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
I've been a Giants fan since the early 80's, of course I'm bias and will say the Giants will win but it's certainly not gonna be easy. Brady scares me LOL. I think if the Giants' D can stay strong and put pressure on Brady they'll be fine. Then there's the ankle injury to Gronkowski, that dude's a monster and if he's unable to play that could be detrimental to their deadly air game.

·
Les Deplorables
12,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If Eli has a big game and defeats the Pats again, is he a shoe-in for Canton?

After all, Peyton is going and he only has one ring, and it came against the Chicago Bears, while Eli is on the verge of slaying the Patriots juggernaut twice.

·
Banned
550 Posts
Eli will make Canton regardless of a win or loss. His numbers will continue to build. He will never be his brother as far as consistency but there's no denying little bro's grasp of the game.

As to terming the Patriots this year a "juggernaut" I'd have to disagree and will again say that either Peyton or Tom should get the MVP this season. NE has had the worst D in the league all season and are in. The Colts went from perennial contenders to laughing stocks. If that doesn't merit an injured player an MVP nod then I don't know what MVP stands for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.