Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a 9mm can possibly in the near future. With the vast abundance of different manfacturers out I am looking for recomendations from any of you guys that have any. Below are the few requirements.

-Need to be able to use different attachment styles (MP5s &M11)(1 MP5 has just a 3lug barrel, the other has a threaded 3lug, and the M11 is completly different)
-Would like it to be user servicable, this would be a big plus
-Would like to be somewhat small (don't want something the size of the Bowers style cans)
-Would like to be full auto rated(not a necessity)

Any other advice or things to look for when buying a can would be appreciated. This would be my first can purchase.

·
Banned
3,753 Posts
-Need to be able to use different attachment styles (MP5s &M11)(1 MP5 has just a 3lug barrel, the other has a threaded 3lug, and the M11 is completly different)
"1 MP5, and then ANOTHER one".... sigh...

You'll shoot your eye out with those.... I recommend selling one to me! :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
I've got an AAC TiRANT 45, with 4 thread adapters. All the adapters are for sell online. Easy to clean, and swap threads at the range if you what.

I shoot 158gr 9mm threw it alot with my Beretta 92, super quiet. I have two 9mm adapters, a M13.5x1 and 1/2"x28 I believe.

Hosts:
Beretta 92 (9mm)
XDm9 (9mm)
Glock 34 (9mm)
Nagant Revovler (7.62x38R) (super quiet)
HK USP Compact Tactical 45 (45)
FN45 Tactical (45)

Being threaded now:
Beretta Cx4 (9mm)
Rossi lever pistol (38spl)

·
Banned
13,863 Posts
I've got an AAC TiRANT 45, with 4 thread adapters. All the adapters are for sell online. Easy to clean, and swap threads at the range if you what.

I shoot 158gr 9mm threw it alot with my Beretta 92, super quiet. I have two 9mm adapters, a M13.5x1 and 1/2"x28 I believe.

Hosts:
Beretta 92 (9mm)
XDm9 (9mm)
Glock 34 (9mm)
FN45 Tactical (45)

Being threaded now:
Beretta Cx4 (9mm)
Rossi lever pistol (38spl)
Great news since I have one coming in (well in 6 months).

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
"1 MP5, and then ANOTHER one".... sigh...

You'll shoot your eye out with those.... I recommend selling one to me! :)
The little one now has a Urbach threaded 3lug barrel on it. I am waiting on the Form1 to come back to SBR it.

Hosts:
Beretta 92 (9mm)
XDm9 (9mm)
Glock 34 (9mm)
FN45 Tactical (45)
So you are shooting all of these through one suppressor? Is it more effective on some than others, if so which ones?

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
Caliber specific cans will be more effective in terms of suppressing sound, however that difference is so small that its typically not worth the hassle of purchasing multiple cans for most people once they hear them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.