Carolina Shooters Forum banner

Taking deposits on Rhodesian Ridgeback Puppies for early 2017 litter

2314 Views 21 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  motorcopm4
Hi, all. Just thought I'd let you know that we're planning to have a litter of Rhodesian Ridgeback pups available early 2017. We're taking deposits now, which act as a hold on a pup. We're located in Western NC. If you're interested, have questions or would like to check out our website, then send me a message. Thanks!
Reactions: 1
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Hi, all. Just thought I'd let you know that we're planning to have a litter of Rhodesian Ridgeback pups available early 2017. We're taking deposits now, which act as a hold on a pup. We're located in Western NC. If you're interested, have questions or would like to check out our website, then send me a message. Thanks!
Great dogs designed to hunt lions. Known to be able to run along side a horse for 30 miles. Good luck in your sale. Once my boxers die off (no rush) this is the breed I'm switching to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Buddy of mine had one. Cool dogs.
RRB story: my mother's cousin had one. named "Baby". Baby tore off and ate part of the cousin's car bumper one night. tall as a Great Dane, fast as a Dalmation, and Would Not Bark. never needed to.
Reactions: 5
I would be interested but I have yet to see a price or website........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Always wanted a ridgeback, but I heard that they are notoriously difficult to train and require a lot of exercise because they can do exactly what you mentioned!
They are majestic animals. Here's one way you can excise one if you don't feel like running 30 miles.

Reactions: 3
If you have to ask...
I'd figure $1000 - $1500 (or higher), depending on pedigree. Well worth it IMO. Super healthy dogs.

I love my boxers but they have issues. Hip, knees, ears, etc.

http://www.puppyfind.com/for_sale/?breed_id=91&back=/search/?submit=1&str=Rhodesian+Ridgeback&page=1

Beautiful dog!

DS

sent from the Honey Badger Galaxy
Great dogs designed to hunt lions. Known to be able to run along side a horse for 30 miles. Good luck in your sale. Once my boxers die off (no rush) this is the breed I'm switching to.

Yep! They are one of the few breeds that marathon runners can train with because they can easily run 26 miles. Mine does 15 mile hikes with me with no problem.
Always wanted a ridgeback, but I heard that they are notoriously difficult to train and require a lot of exercise because they can do exactly what you mentioned!
They do demand a lot of exercise, which makes them perfect for outdoorsy people. Mine runs about 3 miles minimum each day, but she still has energy to spare. And yes, they are pretty stubborn and independent thinkers (they have to be to hunt lions!), but they are also one of the most loyal breeds out there. As long as they have a strong pack leader, plenty of exercise and lots of positive reinforcement they are awesome. They don't do well with harsh or over-corrective training methods. For these reasons, they are not great for first-time dog owners. They won't be as forgiving as a golden or lab.
Reactions: 2
RRB story: my mother's cousin had one. named "Baby". Baby tore off and ate part of the cousin's car bumper one night. tall as a Great Dane, fast as a Dalmation, and Would Not Bark. never needed to.
Yeah, they only bark when something's really wrong -- or when they want a treat ;)
They are majestic animals. Here's one way you can excise one if you don't feel like running 30 miles.

Haha that's awesome!
I'd figure $1000 - $1500 (or higher), depending on pedigree. Well worth it IMO. Super healthy dogs.

I love my boxers but they have issues. Hip, knees, ears, etc.

http://www.puppyfind.com/for_sale/?breed_id=91&back=/search/?submit=1&str=Rhodesian+Ridgeback&page=1

Ours are $1,200 for this litter. The dam and sire are health screened -- hips, elbows, eyes, thyroid, etc. A lot of effort and money goes into keeping this breed healthy!
Here's a photo of our dam:

We've chosen a South African import (and International Champion) as the sire for her first litter:
See less See more
Reactions: 3
Here are my 2 Cirneco del Etna's chilling on the couch. They are sight hounds from Sicily but they are nowhere near the size of a Rhodesian Ridgeback , although they are quite stubborn but very smart. I'd love to have a Ridgeback one day. Beautiful dogs.
Dog Comfort Dog breed Carnivore Ear
See less See more
Here are my 2 Cirneco del Etna's chilling on the couch. They are sight hounds from Sicily but they are nowhere near the size of a Rhodesian Ridgeback , although they are quite stubborn but very smart. I'd love to have a Ridgeback one day. Beautiful dogs. View attachment 158467
That's great. Unusual pups, for sure!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts