Target is backpedaling! | Carolina Shooters Club

Target is backpedaling!

Discussion in 'Firearms News and Firearms related political news' started by Brian K, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Brian K

Brian K Corporate Scapegoat Club Subscribed

2. jcalvinmarks

jcalvinmarks Not Subscribed

Why are people insisting on dragging Target into this?

They didn't ban guns.
    They asked (not ordered, not decreed) that people not openly carry firearms in their stores.
    They weren't taking a philosophical stand against firearms, and they weren't making a political statement about gun control.
    The Open Carry crowd was using Target as a venue for a political debate that Target doesn't have a vested interest in and didn't want to be a part of, so they (politely) asked to be left out of it.

So if criminals are attacking people around Target, it's not because Target's decision to ask customers not to open carry left them defenseless, because Target didn't ask people not to bring guns into their stores. And even if they had, they way they did wouldn't have had any legal force in states like North Carolina (where Gunbuster signs carry force of law), and certainly not in Georgia (where such signs are basically meaningless).

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  3. B00GER

B00GER Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Agreed.

When you choose a battlefield in a neutral area, don't be surprised if the owners of the field fail to remain neutral.

4. Edgeman

Edgeman Well-Known Member

Frankly I expected the increased crime.

Not sure if many of you remember tourists being carjacked/robbed in Florida back in the 90s after Florida changed their CC laws. Basically violent crime decreased substantially in Florida after that law was passed, except in that one area. Since the odds are tourists are unarmed, but FL residents now had a much higher chance of carrying a firearm, criminals concentrated on the "soft target" tourists.

At the time, tourists were easy to spot because every FL based rental (or leased) car had a tag number with a first digit of "X" "Y" or "Z." If the tourist was driving a late model mass produced automobile, it was about a 95% chance the driver (a) had cash/valuables, and (b) was not armed. Basically it was like ringing the dinner bell for criminals. I see "gun free" zones the same way. If I'm not mistaken, every recent mass shooting was done in a "gun free" zone. Most crazy people aren't stupid. They know the difference between soft & hard targets. Heck, most of gun murders take place in areas with the tightest gun control.

5. mekender

mekender Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

Target really did not "fail to remain neutral" they just said that they wanted no part of the whole thing... Which made both sides loudly proclaim that they had picked their side.

6. B00GER

B00GER Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

True, my post was more of a warning however. I feel if pressed they >will< take a stronger stance...

After all, it's for the children.

7. pinkbunny

pinkbunny Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Even if they stayed neutral in principle, the end result is the same:
    1. Newspapers proclaim Target "bans," guns.
    2. Criminals are stupid.
    3. Target becomes a more ripe target.

8. jrgreen

jrgreen My Mom says I'm cool.

So there have been some crimes committed at Target since the announcement. Yet, nobody went out on a limb to say that no crimes were committed before the announcement.

Most likely a case of liars using statistics to make their point

9. model4006

model4006 Not Subscribed

boom

10. Friday

Friday Just the Facts Ma'am.

I have the same question but for different reasons.
    I can't fathom this fascination for Target unless you're a woman. The place is just oozing with estrogen.
    Even the 'guy' stuff if milque toast.
    Target, Starbucks...is this where gun owners shop now? Wow.
    Some of these guys need to get into a Bass Pro or Smokey Mtn. Knife Works and get their man card renewed.

11. Inebriated

Inebriated Active Member

You do realize that women own guns too, right?

12. Friday

It's not the Women that are making a big stinky drama about these places.

13. Hybrid Moments Pass

Hybrid Moments Pass Active Member

A little place called none of your dang business
    you do much grocery or home goods shopping at Bass Pro and Smokey Mtn?
    To make a blanket statement about a retail establishment like Target is, well, ignorant.

14. Cowboysfan

Cowboysfan Well-Known Member

you make the point of why men shop at target yourself. It's all about the yoga pants baby!

15. august1410

august1410 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I generally carry a 1911 in a leather holster high on my hip. I wear jeans and polos and I am a middle aged bald guy. When I OC, not one person gives me a second glance. I am not an activist, a reactionary or a revolutionary.

These yahoos who are carrying ARs and such in Target are putting the spotlight on a lot of people who generally avoid it. When I shop, whether at Target or somewhere else, I go in, get my stuff and leave. I don't parade around the store saying "look at my gun!".

Sure, I understand the second amendment. However, there is a time and a place for everything. I like cheeseburgers, too. I have reason to believe that if I walked around Target shoving a Big Mac in peoples' faces, I would be asked to leave as well.

16. Friday

:D
    Guess I rubbed the fur the wrong way on the guys who like Target.
    Hey do what you want. I'm all for that. I've just never had any Metro in me so I can't relate to Target.
    But this is the clutch right here..you flaunt your gun in Target, Starbucks, Belks, Bed Bath and Beyond and what-not...and the s*** is gonna hit the fan big time. Those places are not the places to make your point. It's the same as when the Gay Pride shows up at Home Depot and insist that 'everybody respect them'.

17. Hybrid Moments Pass

Hybrid Moments Pass Active Member

A little place called none of your dang business
    you know what, youre right.
    We should all shop at a place that caters to men and is predominately big, burly dudes...cause thats what really matters most - being close to a bunch of guys and talking about rods and protection.

18. Cowboysfan

What's "metro" about seeing hot lake ass in yoga pants at target?
    I'm guessing when you go get your fixins you really like you some Walmart shoppers. Since your a big burly man and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. jrgreen

Real 'Mericans only shop at Wal Mart. What are you, some kind of French pansy?

20. Cowboysfan

Bonjour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21. jrgreen

Cheese eatin' surrender monkey.