TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! or not? | Carolina Shooters Club

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! or not?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by NC Bullseye, Nov 30, 2011.

1. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye New Member

Not slamming any of the recent posters but does anyone else remember what it was like not too many years ago?

1. See an ad in a magazine that looks interesting.

2. Mail a request for catalog via Postal Service.

3. Wait two weeks or a bit more to get the catalog.

4. Find an item that you want.

5. Place an order using the form in the catalog and mail it via Postal Service.

6. Wait two to four weeks for your goodies to arrive and that's only if it's in stock.

7. Write a letter to the company for handling your order so fast compared to their competitors.

Now THAT was great service!

And all within around six weeks!

Now we get antsy after two days if we don't have all of the answers to our questions and we get nasty when our order isn't in hand in a week from the order date.

The modern way of biz can be a double edged sword.

2. Qball50

Qball50 Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

:001_tt2:Hey, you're not the owner of a holster store are you?

3. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye New Member

Please present all questions via U.S. Postal Service for expedited answers.

4. Paracord Joes

Paracord Joes Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

LOL...we do the best we can and most everything that was ordered through the Thanksgiving Day and Cyber Monday sales has shipped....but you are right, I have gotten calls saying, "I ordered yesterday and noticed it hadn't shipped"....LOL.

5. mekender

mekender Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

A WEEK???? Hell with that, if my orders are not in hand in 2 business days, I am concerned... But then with Amazon Prime, I get free 2 day shipping on everything so I better get it. Ok, yes Prime costs $79 but my first amazon order was for a ~$250 Weber smoker that other places wanted $80-$100 for standard shipping (5-10 days+) so I came out ahead right then and there. Now, unless I just HAVE to have it right away or it is something that I want to see in person before getting it, I will order it from Amazon. That includes many items I used to get from grocery stores like batteries and razor blades. not paying sales tax is a bonus too.