Texas Man Found Not Guilty for Shooting Three Cops During No-Knock Raid | Carolina Shooters Club

Texas Man Found Not Guilty for Shooting Three Cops During No-Knock Raid

Discussion in 'Firearms News and Firearms related political news' started by Don, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Don

Don Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

I found this on several web sites FWIW...

https://photographyisnotacrime.com/...for-shooting-three-cops-during-no-knock-raid/

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/no-knock-raid-exonerated-shooting-cops/

The controversial no-knock raids, as The Free Thought Project has consistently reported, often results in officers wounded or killed, otherwise innocent people facing charges of murder or attempted murder, and frequently sees innocent citizens caught in the crossfire. They’re arguably dangerous for everyone involved, infrequently producing the desired results, and costing taxpayers millions in lawsuits, court costs, and legal fees.

Rosas’ case is further evidence that the State of Texas has a very real problem on its hands and may have set a precedent for other citizens caught up in the melee of a no-knock police raid. The Castle Doctrine, the Texas law which allows for an individual to defend a person’s abode, dwelling, even vehicles with deadly force, has surely been put to the test. In Rosas’ case, it appears as though the Castle Doctrine has survived yet another legal challenge, potentially setting the precedent that not even the police have the right to invade one’s home unannounced. Tuesday’s verdict may also bring hope to others who have fallen victim to police raids, and those who have chosen to stand their ground and shoot back at their home’s invaders. One such individual is Marvin Louis Guy.

As The Free Thought Project first reported in 2014, Guy is facing the death penalty. Guy shot and killed Detective Charles Dinwiddie and injured several other Killeen police officers, as they were attempting to forcefully enter Guy’s home on May 9, 2014, at 5:30 am. Police had been surveilling Guy’s home for some time after an informant claimed Guy was trafficking a large quantity of cocaine. At some point in the investigation, the decision was made to enter Guy’s home and attempt to find evidence which would corroborate the informant’s claim.

But after entering the residence, in a show of force which resulted in the loss of life of a veteran police officer, no drugs, not even a single marijuana joint was found, only a glass smoking pipe turned up. The consequence for the police incursion resulted in one detective’s death, and yet another Black man being charged with homicide. Guy’s fate is yet to be determined, as he is awaiting trial for Dinwiddie’s murder which, arguably, would not have occurred had the police not attempted to enter his home unannounced.​

SPM likes this.
  2. ScottR

ScottR Registered Member

Well if what was stated in the articles is true and they only yelled police after throwing a flash in then they deserve to get shot at. What ever happened to showing some common decency and respect. You nock and wait to see if they open the door then let them know what is going on. You invade someones home then you deserve to get shot. I am glad that the police lived but maybe they learned a lesson of not raiding someones home like that again. Think people.

fishgutzy likes this.
  3. fieldgrade

fieldgrade is seldom seen Lifetime Member

My son had his door knocked down in a wrong address no knock raid and was drawn down on in the process, and had his door kicked in by thugs at 4am while he was home.

I'm afraid to help him buy a shotgun because it's a crap shoot who'll knock his door down next and get shot in the process.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  4. FINO

FINO Registered Member

another reason why a hundred round mag and full auto falls under SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. the constitution being ignored leads to decisions like no knock entries by a government that is not known to think things out before acting, because they can.

SPM, bigfelipe and NoKimberDave like this.
  5. Noway2

Noway2 Well-Known Member

Just because the State sanctioned it doesn't make your act of violence or force automaticity justified. Sounds like the criminal thug got what he had coming to him.

6. daleo8803

daleo8803 Member

I would have shot them too but they would have gotten multiple 000 buck instead.

My home. I will protect it from anyone entering without my consent. Just my 2¢

7. ikarus1

ikarus1 Well-Known Member

And another:
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/1...s-shot-and-wounded-while-serving-warrant.html

executing a drug warrant at 2:30AM by knocking on front door and then entering in the rear by force is almost a guaranteed receipe to get shot. Sometimes it can wait until people aren't sleeping and startled awake. Unless this guy is wanted for murder, rape, or similar capital offenses, no effing way this should've went like this.

8. fishgutzy

fishgutzy Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Police in the Boston area killed a retired pastor breaking into the wrong address.
    Happens far too often.
    No cop gets charged when they kill an innocent person at the wrong address.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

9. diablos30

diablos30 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

carolina firearms forum dot com

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    MurphyLong and SPM like this.
  10. Chdamn

Chdamn Staff VP of Shenanigans Lifetime Member Vendor Club Subscribed

Very effing well said.

ikarus1 likes this.
  11. ikarus1

ikarus1 Well-Known Member

Just a thought: the more black rifles become the norm for HD, thus force applied is greater than or equal to the force that is met, does it change the mindset of people writing and codifying this conduct into law?

In other words, how many bagpipe funerals are Johnny and Sally Councilperson willing to sacrifice to the altar of the losing drug war? My theory is much much more.

12. Qball50

Qball50 Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

No Knock raids should be outlawed. Or, alternatively, when they are executed at the wrong address, then everyone involved, from the judge issuing the warrant, all the way down to the officers that are physically present, should do hard time for Breaking and Entering, and whatever other crimes that are committed against any innocent individuals inside the dwelling. After a few cases are put into the spotlight, maybe someone will think twice before conducting a "No Knock" raid.

Mr. Warren Peace, SPM, Abacus and 3 others like this.
  13. RJT

RJT Club Subscribed Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

Happens to often.

14. JamesLFlowers

JamesLFlowers Well-Known Member

I don't believe No-Knock raids should be outlawed, but I do believe the criteria for them should be substantially raised. They have become far too common place.

These are not the first cases in which home owners have been found not guilty or should be found not guilty in the death of an officer during a raid.

soreshoulder likes this.
  15. SPM

SPM Permanently Banned Lifetime Member

In Indiana, they have a law on the books that states:

This is how you fight this nonsense- give the Citizenry the same immunity to use of force against the State and its agents that they currently enjoy against the Citizenry.

In the end, the State and by extension, law enforcement will never peacefully or willingly cede power and authority back to the People (where it belongs), but will have to have it taken from them.

The first step has to be legislative; to give LE a moment of pause before playing SEAL Six at 0 dark thirty.

Should that fail, then the price of doing business as usual has to become too steep for them to be willing to pay. The tree of Liberty, the blood of Patriots and tyrants, and all that.

soreshoulder likes this.
  16. soreshoulder

soreshoulder Retired Staff Member Lifetime Member

he's lucky he lived