Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really must take a moment to thank SinObyte (Howard) for his help in getting me into HF ham radio. I passed my General back in August and while chatting with him about something else I mentioned that I was wanting to get an HF rig but was tight on funds for such a thing. He told me about how he buys up radio gear from time to time and would keep an eye out for me. Well just a couple weeks later he pings me to let me know that he has a rockin' TenTec radio right in my price range - would I be interested? Heck yeah I would.

We met and I picked up the radio and saw immediately that it was everything Howard said it was and more. I've used it a couple weeks now and it's even better that I had a right to expect. Though it's elderly, it's solid as a little rock and sounds great. Howard was good enough to offer some suggestions on some accessories for it and antennas it might like and all his suggestions were spot on in that they really do enhance the usability of this radio.

Should you find yourself in need of some radio gear, start with Howard - he won't steer you wrong.

Frank
aka Tigard

(Mods - If I've put this in the wrong place please move it as you require)

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
I really must take a moment to thank SinObyte (Howard) for his help in getting me into HF ham radio. I passed my General back in August and while chatting with him about something else I mentioned that I was wanting to get an HF rig but was tight on funds for such a thing. He told me about how he buys up radio gear from time to time and would keep an eye out for me. Well just a couple weeks later he pings me to let me know that he has a rockin' TenTec radio right in my price range - would I be interested? Heck yeah I would.

We met and I picked up the radio and saw immediately that it was everything Howard said it was and more. I've used it a couple weeks now and it's even better that I had a right to expect. Though it's elderly, it's solid as a little rock and sounds great. Howard was good enough to offer some suggestions on some accessories for it and antennas it might like and all his suggestions were spot on in that they really do enhance the usability of this radio.

Should you find yourself in need of some radio gear, start with Howard - he won't steer you wrong.

Frank
aka Tigard

(Mods - If I've put this in the wrong place please move it as you require)
I don't think we allow folks to pin flowers on Howard PERIOD.....LOL!

Warms my heart to see member helping member....plenty of good folks in here!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.