Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to share bands others may or may not be familiar with on occasion to help spread the music. Here are a few lesser known musicians I like, take the time to listen to each one for a bit, you won't regret it. Feel free to add your own.

The Pine Box Boys

The .357 String Band

Jayke Orvis (formerly of .357 string band)

The Black Keys (becoming more popular but still not too common)
(this is possibly one of my favorite songs of all time)

Dan Auerbach (Singer for Black Keys)
(amazing)

Volbeat

Sully Erna (yes the Godsmack frontman is very well known but I come across a lot of people that haven't heard his solo work)

might add some more later.

·
Original Gangsta
2,275 Posts
Guys directly to the right of the picture icon on the thread reply control panel is a symbol that looks like a strip of movie film. Use that to insert videos like you would insert a picture.

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts
Ryan Adams, semi-known singer/songwriter from Jacksonville, NC

How to Destroy Angels - composed of Trent Reznor(NIN), Mariqeen Maandig, and Atticus Ross. Awesome electronic/ambient/lighter side of NIN type music.

Rammstein - I know they're not really an unknown band, but alot of folks only know them for the song "Du Hast". Really great band, and this song and video just rocks. Where else you gonna see a bunch of German dudes in fat suits and hot chicks at the same time? Plus, I gotta post it in honor of my step-son who left for Air Force basic today, it's his favorite band.

Moke - Cool little British band. I met these guys when I was in college around '98, and subsequently hung out with them all night before and after their show. Really talented band, but they just didn't really go anywhere.

Adele - I know, I know, chick type music...lol. She's gotten big on the Top 40 and pop stations over the past year, but she's been big in Britian for 4 or 5 years now, she's released two albums so far, and her last one is nominated for 6 Grammys. A really talented singer/songwriter, and I just dig her music.

·
Premium Member
3,725 Posts
Ryan Adams, semi-known singer/songwriter from Jacksonville, NC

I grew up in Jacksonville, although I don't know Ryan very well, a very close friend of mine is best friends with him. He recorded an album called "Jacksonville City Lights" at my friends house. The record company (Lost Highway) paid my friend $25K cash to use his house as a recording studio and let him keep most of the recording equipment. I was there for most of the recording.

Ryan is one of the founding members of Whiskeytown, and he's now married to Mandy Moore (lucky rascal).

·
Premium Member
8,081 Posts
I have requested that this be played at my celebration party after I'm gone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.