The Red House - Patrick Henry's Last Home - Brookneal, Va | Carolina Shooters Club

The Red House - Patrick Henry's Last Home - Brookneal, Va

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by rje58, Jun 5, 2016.

1. rje58

rje58 Member

Visited the Red House earlier today in Brookneal, Virginia. Even though Patrick Henry died 217 years ago, I still felt like I was in the presence of greatness. Patrick Henry is one of my heroes. If you've never been there, I recommend a visit.

http://www.redhill.org/

diablos30 likes this.
  2. chuckman

chuckman Well-Known Member

It looks like a nice place for a Wal-Mart. Just kidding. I had no idea it was there. I will have to stop by on my visit to Liberty. We passed by James Madison's birth place last week; right off the highway. I mentioned to someone at work, he said "James who?" People have no appreciation for historical significance.

3. NoKimberDave

NoKimberDave Off to Greener Pastures Club Subscribed

There's a red house over yonder. That's where my baby stays.

4. Remshooter

Remshooter Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Cool, used to do a lot of long weekend trips to historical places. Monticello, Williamsburg, Stratford Hall (one of my favorites, since my friend's Mom was a hostess and we got in free!). There are so many places within a couple hours drive with historical significance.

5. Edgeman

Edgeman Well-Known Member

When I was stationed at NAS/NATC Pax River, we used to recommend our RN & RAF exchange officers visit the Yorktown Victory Center...lol