Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a stainless Security-Six for a while now that I bought with a very low round count.
It had the factory standard wood grips on it, which looked a little anemic to me.
Several years ago I bought some Hogue rubber grips. Like the way they feel, but the fit left much to be desired on the backstrap.

So when another member posted about someRuger grips in the Hot Deals section, I'd figured couldn't hurt to try them out. The price was right.

I'd say that it was a wise choice. The gun looks much better now. Wouldn't you agree?

Before and after pics.

Revolver Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory
Revolver Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
It didn't look 'bad' before, but it certainly looks classy now!

·
Registered
383 Posts
In my opinion for shooting I would have to say that the hogue grips are better, but for a looks the wood grips are better. I am more about functionality myself, so I like the Hogue grip.

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
I love the wood grip look but shot the Hogue grips better with .357 loads. .38 loads, it didn't really matter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.