Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haven't ever had anything like that, but it still gets me kinda teary eyed watching my buddies kids elated faces as they first see their dad coming off the airplane.

·
Premium Member
4,501 Posts
It feels good coming back to that. I feel sorry for the guys who dont have that.
I can't imagine how cool it would be to have loved ones waiting for you as you got back, I usually called ahead and would have a date waiting but it wasn't the same.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Yea always had someone there waiting. I remember the after the first deployment we had more weapons than people and I had 3 M-16's and my pack trying to hug my woman. Second return , gave her a hug and a kiss and started accounting for my Marines. Now when I get back from long trips I am lucky if they pick me up from the airport.

The guys who didnt have anyone usually did most of the work checking in weapons to the armory and then went to the PX bought all the beer they had and let loose.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yup, great video. It got the hair on my arms standing up and a tug or two at the heart. Definitely better receptions than my homecomings, those guys deserved it though! (I didn't have a family of my own during my deployments, so it wasn't a big deal. I just wanted to get my room assignment, drop my gear, and get some beer!)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.