Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone of guys shooting a Tikka T3 Hunter 30.06? If so do you have any suggestions on ammo? I really dont want to go out and buy 4-5 different brands and was hoping that someone on here has already figured this out. Thanks.

·
Banned
10,039 Posts
Anyone of guys shooting a Tikka T3 Hunter 30.06? If so do you have any suggestions on ammo? I really dont want to go out and buy 4-5 different brands and was hoping that someone on here has already figured this out. Thanks.
I have don't have a Tikka T3 Hunter 30.06, but if I did I would try some cheap Rem Core Lokts in 180 grain, as they are not that expensive and with a 30-06 you don't relly need that premium ammo, which is a gimmick for hunting game, core lokts hold up and expand good, the 30-06 hits hard.

Also I love Hornaday sst's in about all rifles. One of my favorite rounds.

Maybe someone else who has tried ammo through this rifle will chime in shortly.

·
Registered
816 Posts
You know what triage is?
How doctors dont jus run in and open up your chest for a little chest pain when it could just be gas?
You start with the least invasive procedure first.
You have a 30-06 tikka?
Go buy a $14 box of remington 180 grain core-lock ammo FIRST.
It doesnt matter for CHIT what someone elses rifle shot well. Thats like expecting to pick up dice that someone just rolled a 12 with and thinking your gonna roll a 12 too.
You are going to have to experiment on your dime. SO start out cheap and If it shoots the core-locks then great!
But Its stupid to go buy 4-5 boxs of ammo and burn through them thinking your going to figure out something.
What if YOU are having a bad day shooting? then what? you may have a great day at the range shooting SST's and then have acrappy day at the range shooting barnes. So you think that the SST is more accurate. But in reality it has more to do with you.
Figuring things like this out take time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.