Tory is right to push for tighter gun laws: Toronto Star Editorial (owned by CSC's new owners) | Carolina Shooters Club

Tory is right to push for tighter gun laws: Toronto Star Editorial (owned by CSC's new owners)

Discussion in 'Firearms News and Firearms related political news' started by drypowder, Dec 29, 2016.

1. drypowder

drypowder Les Deplorables Club Subscribed

Raleigh, a little east of the Fairgrounds
    Dec 21 editorial at the Toronto Star, the newspaper owned by Torstar, ultimate parent of CSC (as of the sale of the forum two weeks ago): https://www.thestar.com/opinion/edi...t-to-push-for-tighter-gun-laws-editorial.html

Canada may pride itself on not being the Wild West of gun violence, like its neighbour to the south. But it can still do better.

Per Toronto mayor John Tory:
    The mayor says his main worry is the “shocking” fact that there is “no limit on the number of firearms any one licensed gun owner can purchase and possess.”

While he says he recognizes “a re-instatement of the long-gun registry may not be practical at this time,” he is urging Ottawa to “examine some form of tracking for sales of these weapons as well.

CSC's owner's paper agrees:
    Tory is right to take a stand on both these fronts, not just for the city, but for the country. Ottawa should listen and make his requests a priority for action in 2017.

It is abhorrent to the left that individuals can own firearms without the left's beloved government knowing exactly who owns what. But at least it helps their cause when 'progressive' corporations own gun forums and have lots of data on gun owners and everything they post.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) for me, any firearms I may have posted pics of here or otherwise mentioned owning have been lost in a tragic boating accident.

username, Hub, SPM and 1 other person like this.
  2. mechdriver

mechdriver New Member

So ya think one of the reasons a liberal company would buy a gun forum is to collect stats on gun owners? Wow. I'm shocked. ( sarcasm implied)

3. NoKimberDave

NoKimberDave Off to Greener Pastures Club Subscribed

Nice. That's who they sold all our posts and info to. Great going guys!

Literally couldn't have done worse if you tried. An utter FAIL on so many levels. The shocking thing to me is that in the face of all this, they can just shrug it off!

Disgusting.

username, Hub, beamernc and 1 other person like this.
  4. spittinfire

spittinfire Well-Known Member

Canada sucks anyway and this just enforces that.

5. Tailhunter

Tailhunter God Help Us Club Subscribed

How dare you talk about your new owners like that.

bwahahahahahaha

lufbro likes this.
  6. Rdinatal

Rdinatal Well-Known Member

If this is pushed in CN, then that's fine, your country and all that. Push that agenda here and 'eff off, my country and all that.

-R

Cowboysfan likes this.
  7. SPM

SPM Permanently Banned Lifetime Member

Meanwhile, @NEO visits @soreshoulder and @Tomb Raider.......

[​IMG]

They seriously don't give a f\/ck what they've done, or to whom, or what damage their actions may have had on the 2A community here in the Carolinas.

The sooner all y'all just accept that, we can all go back to watching @soreshoulder generate 75% of the new content around here with all the spare time he didn't have before he got paid...

username, Hub, ikarus1 and 2 others like this.
  8. jerz_subbie

jerz_subbie Active Member

Or maybe it'll never be a good time because it FAILED. They repealed it because it failed to have any measurable effect on crime. Chicagos is verrry slowly starting to recognize the failure of "gun control", it's only taken tens of thousands dead people.

9. Uncle_K

Uncle_K Hall of Shame

I use to love all the content. This place is dead now. I bet most the content the past week has been classified.

username and SPM like this.
  10. ZedHound

ZedHound Hall of Shame

im guessing youre not familar with www.canadianfirearmsforum.com ooops i mean carolina

username, Hub, mlc and 2 others like this.
  11. drypowder

drypowder Les Deplorables Club Subscribed

Raleigh, a little east of the Fairgrounds
    This assumes the left's objective is crime reduction. It clearly is not.

12. Dcgallim

Dcgallim Hall of Shame

It's all about control. From the media all the way down to your local firearm forum.

wsfiredude likes this.
  13. Uncle_K

Uncle_K Hall of Shame

It's pitiful everyone is messing with the Canadians and Carolina Tories on here just because the other place is down for upgrades. Most traffic I've seen all week out the classified. Yarn, I'm logging out, this place reeks of hypocrisy, 2a community traitors, and worse of all Canada, a people who prefer to be ruled over.

UK
    Uncle_K not Untited Kingdom

God f&ck any queen.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  14. wsfiredude

wsfiredude Hall of Shame Club Subscribed

Money talks....

judas-brought-again-the-thirty-pieces-of-silver-to-the-chief-priests-and-elders.jpg

SPM, ikarus1 and lufbro like this.
  15. Jeremy2171

Jeremy2171 Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

My apologies for the profanity...I forgot this was a public forum..

Remember this album from back in the day?

[​IMG]
    "Canada"

16. RetiredUSNChief

RetiredUSNChief Well-Known Member

I don't care what Canada thinks and knows about my firearms or how many I own.

I care what my own government thinks and knows.

Given that the NSA pretty much has a copy of the entire internet backed up all the time, plus scads of hacking programs and plenty of supercomputing power to handle decryption efforts, and a clearly acknowledged mission to spy on every Ametican, I think my worries are best reserved for addressing the issues my own government presents.

Not that I appreciate the issues revolving around CSCs new ownership, mind you.