Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will start this out by posting some photos. Anyone who attended feel free to add your feedback.

There are more coming

·
Vendor
8,069 Posts
The three students with AK's did GREAT, I will tell you alot of the Ar stuff floats over, but the AK so so easy to run, I like it as a lefty system also, more so then a right eject AR ran by a lefty.

I got to get one now, I forgot how much fun the AK system is!!!!!

John

·
Registered
92 Posts
Is that a Chinese "spiker" AK I spy?
Yessir that it is, Dorton GREAT PICTURES. I know I personally had a blast as did my fiance. I think I'm about to write an AAR on the course. John this would be under your basic carbine 1 no? Or is it titled something else as I'm not quite sure if it's was considered block 1 or not. Also John your a lefty you gotta have at least one AK system in the left handed arsenal lol.

·
Vendor
8,069 Posts
Yessir that it is, Dorton GREAT PICTURES. I know I personally had a blast as did my fiance. I think I'm about to write an AAR on the course. John this would be under your basic carbine 1 no? Or is it titled something else as I'm not quite sure if it's was considered block 1 or not. Also John your a lefty you gotta have at least one AK system in the left handed arsenal lol.
LUVRoffreedom,

call it the CSF training day, to behonest I was blasting you all with drills and it was not a typical carbine class. You are right, I need a AK, when I shot your girls, I forgot how much fun they are.

John

·
I'm told I'm pretty awesome...
8,590 Posts
John, Joey, Dorton, thanks again guys. Had a great time Saturday. When I get around to putting a carbine back in action I'll be looking into that class too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was one of AK folks on Sunday - had a great time and learned a ton. I drove up from Florence, SC - the class was well worth the drive, John and the rest of his guys do an awesome job. On the plus side of the long drive back, my feet had plenty of time to thaw out.:)

·
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
John, Joey, Dorton, thanks again guys. Had a great time Saturday. When I get around to putting a carbine back in action I'll be looking into that class too.
It was my pleasure getting to meet and shoot a little with all you good folks.

I was one of AK folks on Sunday - had a great time and learned a ton. I drove up from Florence, SC - the class was well worth the drive, John and the rest of his guys do an awesome job. On the plus side of the long drive back, my feet had plenty of time to thaw out.:)
Thats a good bit of driving. Glad you were able to make it out.
It took a while for me to get thawed out.

·
Vendor
8,069 Posts
The weather,

I hope you all learned something about gear, what works and what does not.

Like a poncho. Not a good idea for firearm training, or non-water proof boots, not a good idea on wet days.

I find a factor of sorts, when you spend alot of time outside in all weather you get use to it. Just like a student on mine a year ago. It was snowing in the class, wind got not high, but a heck of a bite, I even gave in with a little self pity.

One student was ROCK solid, I asked what he does for a living, he told me he is a linesman.

Makes since to me!!

John

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.