Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about trading my HK USP 45c for a Kahr MK9 elite. I really like the HK but need something small because I am not carrying anything I have. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Kahr or if anyone had any recommendations or trade offers for something similar. Jump in with any input.

·
Premium Member
2,643 Posts
I used to carry the MK9 everyday for years. I loved the thing. However, I did end up going Glock, and now I carry a G26 everyday. I used to have the Kahr MK9, TP45, K9, and P380. I tried to keep from buying another Kahr for along time, but I now have a Kahr CM9 that I talked myself into because it was a "really good deal." The grip angle is just too different between the Glocks and the Kahrs to really be proficient at both - at least for me.

All that to say ... I would definitely recommend the Kahr handguns as long as they work well for you. The TP45 and the P380 both had me hitting the mag release during fireing. But the 9mm Kahr's were perfect for me. The MK9 is a lot heavier than the polymer brothers. If I were you, I'd try to handle both the MK9 and the CM9 before committing to the MK9.

I'm going to go get the CM9 out now and fondle it a while.

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
I had a MK9.....it was a nice pistol. Sold it because it was too heavy for its size. There are simply better options available. To put that in perspective, the MK9 weighs more than your HK45c.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wahoo95
I am not as concerned with weight as I don't plan on pocket carrying. Did the added weight make it a comfortable shooter? Since you sold it what did you get as a better replacement?

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
Mine wasn't pocket carried. Even on the waist there are better options when you look at the package as a whole.....Caliber, Capacity, and Size. I sold it because I found that it offered no advantages over my G27 or M&P9c since it was too heavy for pocket carry and had to be waist carried. It never left the safe unless I taking a lady shooting.

Yes it was a pleasure to shoot...the added weight makes it very manageable. The Stainless Steel Kahrs are very well made and show more attention to detail than the polymer versions.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
If you like HKs, and have experience with them, try the P2000sk. Comes in 9mm and .40. I have the 9mm V3 and it is the best subcompact gun I have ever owned, shot, or carried (I stress subcompact because my P30 is still my favorite). It handles better than many fullsize pistols I have experience with (Sigs, Glocks, S&Ws). It is ridiculously accurate and handles +p and +p+ (preferred carryammo for me) ammo extremely well. Added bonus, it will take USP compact (13 round) and P30 (15 round) mags for reloads. If the sk doesn't do it, there is always the Sig P239. It's a single stack, but a great pistol also (was my primary CCW prior to my P30 (compact) and P2000sk (subcompact)).

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Really the p2000sk would be a better option than the Kahr just because it would be something new to learn to shoot and I just shoot my HK so well. The only problem is they are hard to find. The Sig P239 I am not as familiar with but will check out, thanks.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
I know squat about Kahr. I have owned two SIG p239s and really, really liked them, especially in .40. There a bunch of options in the size you are looking so have fun shopping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.