Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having an issue with my G26 not fully going into battery at times with the slide sticking like so:

Glock is sending me a new RSA after the one they sent me is still causing the issue. Glock thinks it is just an RSA issue.

Basically if someone here in Asheboro (or Greensboro after 5:30pm) has a functioning G26, could we meet up and just swap some parts for a few minutes? I'm trying to troubleshoot, but I need an issue free G26 that has no issues to verify its either a RSA, barrel, upper, or frame issue.

I could come to you, and I'll be glad to bring you a 6-pack for your time.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Again not what you're looking for, but I had a 26 that did the same thing, dropped in a lone wolf rsa and the problem was solved I was also told that running a few hundred rounds through the gun might help just my .02

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Again not what you're looking for, but I had a 26 that did the same thing, dropped in a lone wolf rsa and the problem was solved I was also told that running a few hundred rounds through the gun might help just my .02
I put 200 rounds through it, so it should be working.

Glocks should not require breaking in.

·
Ar Hugger. Carpe diem per guttur .
12,561 Posts
It really sounds exactly like a weak RSA. That would explain the slide sticking and the light primer strike. That is odd on a new gun, for sure.

Have you added any other aftermarket parts?

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It really sounds exactly like a weak RSA. That would explain the slide sticking and the light primer strike. That is odd on a new gun, for sure.

Have you added any other aftermarket parts?
Nope

Completely stock. I've even completely stripped the bottom of the frame, and it still happens.

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE

So got another 0 8 1 from Glock (kudos on 3 days from requesting to shipping).

The new spring seems to improve it some, but its still dragging.

If the G26 is pointing downwards riding the slide, it will pop closed

If its level, it may stick depending on how the slide is manipulated.

If pointing upwards, it will stick as shown in the OP. It will pop closed with a flick of the wrist.

Stick fails the recoil spring test, unless wrist is flicked firmly.

I may go run a couple hundred rounds through it, but it looks like its going back to Glock after Thanksgiving. [:|]

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
So just to clarify. The gun might fail to go into battery when you baby the slide. But when you pull it all the way back and release, or when you shoot it, it works fine.

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not baby the slide, just not using full force. Plus it will fail the standard Glock recoil spring test (which any Glock should pass), despite being brand new recoil springs.

This has caused a light primer strike during fire since I shoot Glocks from reset. Maybe it just happened once, but this is a carry gun.

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
Not baby the slide, just not using full force. Plus it will fail the standard Glock recoil spring test (which any Glock should pass), despite being brand new recoil springs.

This has caused a light primer strike during fire since I shoot Glocks from reset. Maybe it just happened once, but this is a carry gun.
There is nothing wrong with your gun. No gun will ever work perfectly every time. The Glock "recoil test" is a myth and it doesn't prove anything. Back in the day, most 45ACP Glocks would "fail" the "test" brand new out of the box. Many of the other model Glocks also "failed" the "test" when they started making the new style trigger bar with the dimple on the vertical part of the trigger bar, with the advent of the Gen4 Glocks.

·
Premium Member
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Final Update

Took the G26 back to the range today with the newest 0 8 1 spring from Glock.

Ran 100 rounds of Federal Crapion, a couple magazines of Winchester Ranger RA9T & 100 rounds of Remington 115-grain JHPs.

After finishing up, the G26 will now pass the recoil spring test and pop into battery no matter the position.

Now just to add some real sights to it.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I had never heard of that "Glock Recoil Spring Test." I had to youtube it. Looks like something dreamed up by people who play with their guns more in the living room than actually shooting them at the range.

·
Ar Hugger. Carpe diem per guttur .
12,561 Posts
I had never heard of that "Glock Recoil Spring Test." I had to youtube it. Looks like something dreamed up by people who play with their guns more in the living room than actually shooting them at the range.
Yeah I was gonna say "just shoot it." Everything else seems a bit like flinging monkey poo. Mildly entertaining, but doesn't accomplish anything. Sounds like the RSA fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
1,317 Posts
Don't forget to lube t.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.