Triad Members | Page 10 | Carolina Shooters Club

Triad Members

Discussion in 'NC Meet Ups, Events, and NC Gun Shows' started by TheTrench, Jun 23, 2014.

1. MuShu Gordon

MuShu Gordon Vendor : Guardian Dragon Club Subscribed

I, Senor MuShu de la Mancha the First Squatter of the Land of the Toilet Kingdom, and Panda Bear, had a great time. Even though she slept for a few hours in the chair as all of the shooting was going on. I am going to do my best to get my little back yard range up and running soon so that we can do an event here.

Those 45ACP +P rounds were the business. 78 Grain projectile and they cycled a Colt Government 1911 with zero problems. It made that thing whip real good too.

I loved the Percussion Cap AK. Shot it a few times. The 458 Win Mag was too legit to quit as well. I want one now.

Thank you everyone who came, you guys make everything so much fun, even it you do convince me that I am at the wrong place. Thank you so much as well for welcoming my friend Patrick (Stormy) as well. I hadn't seen him since before I left for boot camp and a get together like that was just awesome.

2. Sneakymedic

Sneakymedic being super sneaky Club Subscribed

Glad you made it over to the other side of the county. I saw Panda sleeping....I thought, man that girl can sleep during all of this commotion?!?!

3. Shooter McGavin

Shooter McGavin Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Caught on camera...

sleeping panda.jpg

4. Sneakymedic

Well armed at her post... but asleep. HAHAHAHA

5. MacEntyre

MacEntyre Vendor Vendor

1939 Winchester 94 32 Special

It was nice to meet other folks who like vintage stuff... really enjoyed shooting the vintage Russian rifles.

Monday morning I wanted to negotiate a price for a rifle I found at a pawn shop, but it conflicted with our get together. It was well worth the wait! Wish I could have shot this one at the Sneaky Farm.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. burn 'em

burn 'em Registered Member

Feel like I won an award...

...and at the reception ceremony I am limited in the time allowed to discuss the events surrounding the award as to not bore the audience too much.

No matter, here goes:

First and foremost, thanks to Sneakymedic and his ladyfriend for your all you did to facilitate the rest of us descending upon the farm. There is too much to list, but just be aware that without your efforts this event would not have been the grand time had by all that it was! Y'all are welcome in my neck-of-the-woods anytime!

TheTrench, you do deserve credit for even suggesting the get-together. As stated near the end of V for Vendetta ideas are bulletproof. You sir had a great idea so thanks for suggesting! It was nice to meet you and your wife. Hopefully we will meet again! Nice 74 too, thanks for letting me send some lead downrange. Now get those sights dialed in, after all this very club does have crosshairs in the logo so your weapons should be on point ;)

ncz, thanks for keeping me in the loop about this event, it was nice to get to see you again! I know I'm showing bias with this, but IMHO you had the best looking classic rifle there. That SKS with a well-worn look is just so right! I forgot to ask while we were there if you got to shoot the new .40 any. So, did you?

Speaking of nice guns, jbz519 takes the overall title! Thank you for letting me fire several of those beauties. Also, please accept my sincere apology for sending ground debris all over and around your shooting position late in the day. I had never shot the offending gun prone so I didn't realize the mess that it would make. @#$%$ @$^#@& commie guns - LOL!!!

MattyZ28, we've got to get more dummy grenades for your range toy, that is too much fun! Sooner or later we also need to find a way to make one go boom without breaking any draconian laws. Oops, did I get political there?!?!? My bad, this is supposed to be a fun post so I digress. :)

Even the pictures are fantastic, so a big thanks goes out to soreshoulder and anyone else who took the time to document the fun time for posterity. I am too trigger happy myself so I spent way more time aligning sights on guns than viewfinders on cameras.

To everyone else I failed to mention here, you are not forgotten! This was the best event of the sort I have ever attended and considering I just started conversing with most of you at the very event I felt like I had just won a membership with one of the best groups of people around. There wasn't one person that I got to meet that made me dislike them. I appreciate everyone that came helping make it a great event. Friends, food, fellowship, fun, fair weather, fantastic location and flying lead - it just doesn't get any better than that!

edit: It was a social event for a shooting club though, so great shooting needs recognized too. I didn't get to see everybody shoot so this is purely unscientific speculation based off of observation instead of some sort of quantifiable results. Now that I got that wordy disclaimer out of the way I'll just say this - Tailhunter was hitting targets no matter the weapon he was using every time he pulled the trigger that I witnessed. If there would have been a marksmanship trophy available, I think he would have taken it home. Nice shooting!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  7. MuzzerFuzzer

MuzzerFuzzer Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

Well said burn... and seconded. Glad to have met ya.

8. MacEntyre

MacEntyre Vendor Vendor

+1 ...he just kept bringing out first rate examples of unique rifles and handguns, and some of them were no-brainer bargains! Love that Colt bullseye revolver ...got to shoot "The Most Powerful Handgun In The World" for the first time... thanks JBZ!

9. Tailhunter

Tailhunter God Help Us Club Subscribed

Thanks for the kind words ...........

10. jbz519

jbz519 Registered Member

Thanks Mike for sharing your place. I had a great time and met a lot of good folks.

I really enjoyed running a few rounds through the Savage 99. So classic in styling, deep/dark walnut furniture, honest patina and that .300 Savage chambering

Thanks for the kind words about my pieces. A lot of it doesn't come out the safe very often. It was good seeing others enjoy them as much as I do.

@ burn' - no apology necessary. That stuff's meant to get dirtied up. Plus, I have a soft spot for Krinkovs and was amused watching you crud up everything around you.

-John

11. MattyZ28

MattyZ28 Registered Member

John, that .458 and Desert Eagle were both a trip! Thank you for fulfilling two firsts on my firearms bucket list! You should come out Saturday to Harrison Creek Gun Club if you're up for it! If not then I'm going to try and plan a going away range day in the middle of August. I'm not leaving until the 29th.

As a matter of fact that goes for everyone here. If you guys feel like slinging some lead, then let me know! I will start a separate thread for that day. I'd really like the chance to shoot with you guys again before I leave!

12. jbz519

jbz519 Registered Member

Glad I could help with adding two check marks on your list.
    'would like to join you this weekend or next but unfortunately I have family commitments on both weekends.

-John

13. MattyZ28

MattyZ28 Registered Member

Well, I am thinking more like the 16th. It's the day after I start my leave so ill be free. I posted a thread inviting people to come out. Of course, family does come first. It's an open invitation!

14. MuzzerFuzzer

MuzzerFuzzer Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

Looks like Sneaky n Mary are gunna be eatin beans for a while. I did manage to get a clip of us sittin around enjoyin the beans at tha farm.http://youtu.be/VPIP9KXdmO0

15. Tailhunter

Tailhunter God Help Us Club Subscribed

Again ... what a fun time. :)

16. Tarowah

Tarowah Member

If I am not mistaken the PHA tactical match is on the 16th of August, you guys could come shoot the match, it is always a good time.

17. Sneakymedic

Found this shooting today...It has to be one of the groups.... I will trade it for an AK47. :O) JK, let me know who it to, and I will get it in the mail.

IMG_20140807_115032_687.jpg IMG_20140807_134312_499.jpg

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  18. Armorpl8chikn

Armorpl8chikn Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

It ain't mine.