Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been building another AR-15 for my collection for a with mag pul stock and 24" bull barrel and all to be a tack driver took it to the range to day and ammo was hand loads 69gr match BTHP pushed by 25.8 gr of CFE223 groups was exleant but bolt was ejecting the fire case but would not load the next round. Thinking my pressure was too low I fired 10 rounds of wolf factory ammo, with it the fired round would not eject. I started switching parts from a 10 year ond AR-15 finding that the older AR would fire the ammo with out troubles, the new Brovo Co M-16 bolt would fuction in the older and the old bolt fuctions well in the new AR. thinking I will leave the bolts switched, I took the neww rifle with both bolts to a local gun smith this after noon to get no answer as to what is happening , there is no damage to the bolt we could find both bolts are M-16 full auto bolts and gas key staked in tight. I am hoping that some one has run in to tis or some thing like it and can tell me how to fix it , I would prefer to get my old bolt back in the rifle it has been in for years and fire thousands of rounds in , and make the new bolt fuction in the new rifle
Thank you

·
Premium Member
2,000 Posts
The old AR is going to have more wear on the locking lugs in the barrel and on the bolt. Your new bolt will still have sharp edges. It may be slightly out of spec or the finish may be too thick. Even the barrel lugs may be in question on the new barrel. It would still function in the old AR because of the wear. Watch out when switching bolts because headspace can become an issue.

·
Registered
292 Posts
If you immediately fired with out cleaning the rifle the wolf steel cased after your brass cased reloads that could explain the failure to eject, one of my rifles can shoot both perfectly fine but i can't mix them, the wolf cases get stuck in the chamber and the ejector rips off a chunk of the lip of the case

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to take it apart and chect the bolt its self whit what I have gone through some far that makes seince, the way I switched the bolt was carrier and all, thanks for all the help every one

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.