Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh here is the deal. This isn't a thread about Verizon vrs ATT. I'm fillu aware that Verizon has the better coverage. However they have screwed me the last time PERIOD!
For going on 2 months now what should have been a simple phone upgrade has turned into a freaking mess! All of that is so complicated to explain. End result the new bill just came out. There is supposed to be 170.00 of credits on this bill. It's not and the bill is higher than what it should be. I was guaranteed 100% that this new bill would have all the proper adjustments. All I can do is call one last time and give it a shot.. But I will not hang up and be satisfied until I see all adjustments done instantly and the phone call chao's ends.
If this does not happen . I'm going to say FU Verizon you has your chance Bye. And this is after 5 years of service. I have a new Droid Razor Maxx. They are not going to take it back because its over the 14 days. What do I do? Can I unlock it to sell it or use it with ATT?
If so does anyone know how to unlock without bricking it?

·
Banned
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well finally I got 1 out of 100 supervisors that knew how to do his job.. Bill corrected in a 10 minute call with a push of the button. And it took 2 months to do something so simple? LOL! Oh well

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
Hate to tell you but ATT has the same business model, makes one think they'd be better off with a string and two tin cans. I did learn from my dealings with ATT, file your complaints through an e-mail, that's the only way to get to management.

·
Banned
389 Posts
Dont worry it will happen again. My mom retired with Verizon and it was common practice for them to "mess up" then string you along. This is because most people will just give up and pay. I just did my daughters phone the other day, Now I have to do the sim unlock. Its not hard.

·
Banned
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That's ok. I'm a persistent SOB! If I don't get results I know how to take to up the ladder.. We had problems with Suddenlink once our local internet and cable provider and they pulled that string along crap with me. I have my way's of getting things done. Sometimes I think I missed my calling of being a private investigator because I have a knack of finding CEO's email and that is what I did with Jerry Kent CEO of Suddenlink. I emailed him direct and 6am the next morning he emailed me back with a CC to several local upper managment here in Eastern NC to fix it. And that day a Army of Suddenlink trucks was up and down this road.

Dont worry it will happen again. My mom retired with Verizon and it was common practice for them to "mess up" then string you along. This is because most people will just give up and pay. I just did my daughters phone the other day, Now I have to do the sim unlock. Its not hard.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
To answer your question about unlocking the phone it's usually not very simple and it could NEVER be used on ATT. Verizon is a CDMA network and ATT is GSM. The only two wireless carriers using CDMA are Verizon and Sprint. So if you could get it unlocked which i've never attempted, i've only rooted android phones before your only option would be sprint.

At anyrate, glad you got it straightened out. Once you pay off your bill and the account is closed then you would be able to sell the phone on ebay or anywhere. You won't be able to sell the phone though if you don't pay the account off completely and have the phone removed from the account.

I have swapped phones on an account though and once they remove a phone from the account as long as you are still keeping current on your bill once the phone is removed from a line it's fine to sell.

·
Registered
827 Posts
a few years back I had some problems similar to that with' Sprint. I filed a FCC complaint and within a day I had one of the CEO's assistance calling me to take care of the problem.

·
Premium Member
2,013 Posts
It doesn't hurt to contact the NC Public Utilities Commission on these phone things either. The more gubment letterheads coming at them the better. In NC, cable TV and internet are not regulated utilities though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.