Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just learned that UPS wouldn’t accept my stock going back to Manners for modification. No parts shipped except through a Licensed FFL. Anyone know if this is correct info? Any work arounds? Does this P anybody else off or is it just me?

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Simple...don't call it a "firearms" part. Change the label like they do. For instance, it's not a "gun part," it's a scientific instrument. Or it's an artistic duplication tool. Or a go kart part. They will never know.
My only fear with that is that the address may give away what it could be and they open it to search and deem it illegal and it disappears.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If it doesn’t have a serial number on it, I would just send USPS, but I would insure it. EVERY shipping company has either lost something, or damaged it. I never had any problems until maybe 20 years ago.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My only fear with that is that the address may give away what it could be and they open it to search and deem it illegal and it disappears.
That's illegal for them to do. I do this often. For instance, my kid wanted a range finder, and a red dot for his shotgun. I bought for him and when shipping, I just called them "optical view finders." The counter worker didn't even bat an eye lash. Just don't call them "gun parts" and you'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it doesn’t have a serial number on it, I would just send USPS, but I would insure it. EVERY shipping company has either lost something, or damaged it. I never had any problems until maybe 20 years ago.
That's illegal for them to do. I do this often. For instance, my kid wanted a range finder, and a red dot for his shotgun. I bought for him and when shipping, I just called them "optical view finders." The counter worker didn't even bat an eye lash. Just don't call them "gun parts" and you'll be fine.
if only the counter people at ups here were that gullible. I listed this part nothing but carbon fiber. They recognized the address and handed it back to me.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if only the counter people at ups here were that gullible. I listed this part nothing but carbon fiber. They recognized the address and handed it back to me.
But I guess it shouldn’t bother me. It’s their company they can make business decisions to do what they want. If it was my company I’d do what I wanted to. It just makes me feel that they have won the fight against guns.

·
Iron Mike Armory LLC
167 Posts
The other answer is don't carry it to a UPS store. The franchise stores are the problem. You can carry just about anything up the the main UPS service center. and as always you can ship stuff FedEx as well. Be forewarned though that FedEx requires handguns to go 2nd day air saver. The other way to do any of this is to have an account such as shipstation or a UPS account and then you can schedule a pickup.

·
Registered
125 Posts
@CoverSixTactical - Not so sir (at least this time)...I just returned from shipping an upper, brass and ammo to a buyer and the UPS Hub in Charlotte (which I've shipped NUMEROUS long guns from for years) advised me that they are no longer shipping firearms. I politely explained to the lady that nothing in the box was a firearm in any state or jurisdiction I knew of, then the other misc stuff and she labeled it and sent it on it's way.

UPS stores haven't accepted anything from me, ever, with the ORM-D label or containing firearms parts.

Anyone know why the sudden change of heart? Guess I'll have to start heading to the Fed-Ex by the air port unless someone has a better option closer to Denver, NC.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@CoverSixTactical - Not so sir...I just returned from shipping an upper, brass and ammo to a buyer and the UPS Hub in Charlotte (which I've shipped NUMEROUS long guns from for years) advised me that they are no longer shipping firearms. I politely explained to the lady that nothing in the box was a firearm in any state or jurisdiction I knew of, then the other misc stuff and she labeled it and sent it on it's way.

UPS stores haven't accepted anything from me, ever, with the ORM-D label or containing firearms parts.

Anyone know why the sudden change of heart? Guess I'll have to start heading to the Fed-Ex by the air port unless someone has a better option closer to Denver, NC.
I shipped a rifle with ship my gun.com and my label came with a letter from UPS to present at the UPS counter stating that they were to accept the package and had a toll free number to call if they refused.

·
Iron Mike Armory LLC
167 Posts
Isn't it odd that UPS is being finicky with what they will ship now? I mean they don't have a fall back plan if they can't ship items. It's not like UPS is running restaurants or has a highly diversified business structure. They apparently have some pencil pushers somewhere that told them shipping less items is more lucrative. They wonder why FedEx and DHL and Amazon are gobbling up so much of their business too. I can also tell you that hazmat shipping through UPS is a special kind of paperwork hell to go through too.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts